Jailbreak Itouch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ozyvr4, Oct 24, 2008.

1. ozyvr4

ozyvr4 New Member

Hi there guys, I'm very new with this sort of stuff.
    I just jailbroke my Ipod touch 16g on 2.1 firmware.

My problem is when I try to set up the SSh, it is not there. I looked in the all packages section of the installer and it is not there. There is nothing in any of the folders.

Please guide in me what I doing wrong....
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

try going into cydia.app then download from there
  3. ozyvr4

ozyvr4 New Member

The only problem is I have not got WiFi at home so I can not connect to the internet. I tried to conect to Iphone Itunnel Suite, but will not connect to that either.

Thanks for the quick reply champ.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I ended up buying SSH from itunes shop & loaded to the Itouch, but I can not find any info on setting it up.

Does anyone have an answer for why I have nothing in the folders in the Categories section of installer.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

SSH from iTunes is NOT an SSH -server- (which you need to log into the iPod) but an SSH client which acts like WinSCP and lets you log into an SSH server (from the iPod).

OpenSSH is not in Installer - it's in Cydia, under 'Featured Packages' on the front page when you open Cydia up.
  5. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

ur gonna need a wifi connection, go to starbucks or something, connect to the internet, go to cydia and search openssh and install it. lol installer is dead btw and r u sure ur jailbroken