jailbreak itouch 1st gen help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jonmchugh, Jul 25, 2010.

1. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

Okay. I am updating my fiances ipod touch for her. Her's is a 1st gen 16 gig touch. I just updated to the 1.1.5 firmware. Can I download like the 3.1.3 firmware on it and if so how do I do that? Also, I jailbroke my own 3rd gen 64 gig touch running 3.1.3. However, I can't find anything relevant or new on jailbreaking the 1st gen touch.

thanks.

Jon
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can download the 3.1.3 firmware through iTunes. There is a jailbreak available. I believe Spirit will work for you.
  3. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

also, if i jailbreak it and restore everything on my laptop, will my fiance be able to access her ipod on her laptop?
  4. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, it will just work as normal, syncing with another computer wont affect the jailbreak either
  5. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Okay guys I jailbroke the Ipod successfully running 3.0. However, I tried to add [redacted] to the touch and get an error in Cydia saying

"the requested modifactions cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed"

So I am assuming that this means that I have to upgrade to at least the 3.1.3 firmware am I correct? I jailbroke it following this guide:

http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/jailbreak/

I used redsnow 0.7.2. Now my question is, can I go ahead and upgrade to the 3.1.3 firmware on that guys site and folllow the same directions but just using the 3.1.3 instead of the 3.0? If so, that won't be a problem for me. Okay so tje 3.1.3 firmware on his site wasn't working but the link to 3.1.2 was. So if I just download the 3.1.2 fw I should be fine if I follow the exact same steps as I did to jb 3.0?

thanks for the help.
  6. iFail

iFail New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    dont think you can update to 3.1.3 considering Apple stoped signing it, unless you have 3.1.3 SHSH blobs for your device. then again, im thinking about downgrading, so honestly, i dont know. you can give it a try by shift+restoring to a 3.1.3 ipsw, if it works just jailbreak with spirit
  7. jack rules31

jack rules31 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i didnt no u could jb a 1st gen?? can u ?
  8. iFail

iFail New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can jb all devices buddy, cept iphone 4 of cource