Jailbreak issue?????

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by hobbespowpow, Nov 23, 2007.

1. hobbespowpow

hobbespowpow New Member

Ok well I have searched the forums and I don't see anything like the problem I am having. I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue. I had moved up to 1.1.2 last week no problems whatsoever(thanks for this awesome site) then yesterday my IPOT started to freeze up. I could open the first application but when I went back to the next one it would not open. I did not have any of the wallpaper setting turned on in summerboard. I did a restore back to 1.1.1 and it was still doing it. I then did a normal update to 1.1.2( it was still freezing up) and took it to the apple store, they were able to do a restore( didnt take until the second restore) and it worked again. When i went in to try to jailbreak it the same thing happened. So my question is, is there a problem with the ipot or am i doing something wrong on the jailbreak. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Aww come on I see replies on people asking the same dumb questions over and over again lol anyone got any ideas for me?

thanks
    Scott
  2. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

Your iPod is wierd? I really have no clue... If I were you I would just say my ipod keeps acting screwy, and just lie. Something, and take it back. Unless they check it, and stuff... Only idea I got.
  3. hobbespowpow

hobbespowpow New Member

hey thanks for at least responding. just want to make sure there wasnt something someone was aware of going on here
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

If you want to take it to an Apple Store - restore it and put some of your music on it to make it look like u used it.
  5. hobbespowpow

hobbespowpow New Member

i already did that. they got it working but then i tried jailbreaking again and it went back to the freeze up. thats why i wanted to see if it was a problem anyone else had.
  6. Voodoo411

Voodoo411 New Member

u said it worked fine until u tried to jailbreak again, so its your jailbreaking cause the problem. how did u jailbreak it?
  7. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When you did 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 Jailbreak, did you remove the 300 mb limit?
  8. hobbespowpow

hobbespowpow New Member

when it first started happenning i had already gone to the 1.1.2 over a week before with no issues.( i had a jailbroken 1.1.1 for over a month before) when I started having the problem I did a restore back to 1.1.1 then followed the posting on here to update to 1.1.2- ocktoprep etc. I did not remove the 300 mb limit.
  9. hobbespowpow

hobbespowpow New Member

just in case anyone is curious i went to the apple store and they swapped my touch out for a new one. lucky for me it was loaded with 1.1.1 and i just did the jailbreak and left it at 1.1.1 for now. not sure if my upping to 1.1.2 was the problem but why push my luck.