jailbreak issue(i searched)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Cruuncher, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Cruuncher

Cruuncher Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, after i finish alllllll steps to the windows jailbreak, when on the tutorial it sais my iPod should be booting, but on my iPod it gives that screen when you first buy the iPod that tells you to plug into iTunes, and iTunes sais its in recovery mode and needs to be restored to use with iTunes, so im reinstalling the custom firmware and gonna go from there, anyone know why this might of happened and anything that could help me out here?
  2. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well you will need to set up your ipod in itunes... Restore your settings from a backup. You Jailbroke it...
  3. Cruuncher

Cruuncher Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well when i tried to restore to the custom firmware again it said cuddnt resoter due to unknown reasons or whatever, so i just clicked to restore to original firmware now, so i will have to do this all over again? btw how do i get settings from a backup?? and i cuddnt set iPod up on iTunes because iTunes said it was in recovery mode and could not be used with iTunes

thanks for help so far btw, but anymore ideas?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You just removed the jailbreak by restoring to the normal firmware.
  5. Cruuncher

Cruuncher Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i realize that lmfao, not hard to redo when you got all the files lined up, but im wondering if i will run into the same problem again? and when i do how do i fix it
  6. higuys

higuys Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    that happened to me for some stupid reason, so i just restored to the latest firmware, and then the patched one again and i had no problems.
  7. Cruuncher

Cruuncher Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, i just redid the whole thing installed the custom firmware and i got the problem again where iTunes is picking it up as in recovery and my iPod it telling me to plug it into iTunes, someone please tell me why its doing this...
  8. Sxeisawe

Sxeisawe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when they say repeat the steps before hand, you do everything again except restore the firmware. when you get to the part where you -f the patched firmware, then do irecovery -s, and then type go. then -f the iBoot image, then do irecovery -s again and type go again and it should start booting up
  9. Cruuncher

Cruuncher Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you are totally missing what i said, ok so its all in one post, here is exactly my jailbreak history first thing i did was follow all the preliminary instructions before you even need your iPod, than i put into DFU ran the necessary code than installed the custom firmware completed no problems. than you theres some mroe code you have to do, to boot it up, unfortunately at the end of these steps it all completed as it should, but when it was done my iPod is telling me to plug it into iTunes to configure it with iTunes, and iTunes is telling me to restore it because it was in recovery mode, i was like whatever ill restore to original firmware and start over, after doing all that it brings me back to where i am now... i have done step 13 like 5 times, and it always ends up like this...

please help you all keep saying the same thing and its not addressing my issue
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    gonna restart my comp maybe that might help, but if someone knows answer before im back please post
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    that didnt help... please, anyone?
  10. S1Nisterxx

S1Nisterxx New Member

if you are seeing that recovery screen the usb cable and iTunes you are not in DFU mode its only in Recovery mode you need to use the other keypresses and DFU the screen is off until the plug unplug thing and it turns white.

the computer will let you do the whole process in the wrong mode, but your ipod will never boot. I did it that way twice, its 5 sec on the top button, 10 sec with top and home and then 30 sec on just the home.