Jailbreak isnt all that great -.-

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by KingOfWar, Feb 26, 2008.

1. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lots of people probaby im a ---- head who doesnt know who hes talking about... that might be true but I doubt it.

First of all iPod Touch / iPhone Jailbreak has the same effects as iPod Linux for the Nano. Its cool to show off to friends and fun for like 30 minutes but eventually gets boring! (OH LOOK I have Doom 1 , 2 Half Life, and FF3 On my 2 gig iPod Nano! PWNED Biatch)

Anyways the only thing I like alot for jailbreak is the iPhysics and I have a feeling that will be one of the first developed in SDK. The only reason I would want to continue using a 1.1.3 jailbroken iPod Touch is if / when the NES features works (Mario For the win?)

And what irritates me the most is when I have guests over and they Touch my Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Well they just use it and when they see iPhysics or my pimp ToDo list xD they just cant stop using it. And I cant take it away from them since im a nice boy =).

Dont get the wrong idea I absolutely love what has been done to the iPod Touch with the Jailbreakon iPod... its just boring. iPod is made for Music and Videos (Photos arent so important).

Like I was playing iPhysics in school and teacher was coming around the corner so I hit the sleep button but when I take it back out of my pocket the screen is really Dim and I see that one little square I made in Sandbox in the corner. It froze and bye bye. I jailbroke my iPod Touch too 1.1.3 about 5 times. So thats 5 Restores, 5 1.1.1 Jailbreaks , 5 1.1.2 Jailbreaks , 5 1.1.3 Jailbreaks, and 5 iPhysics installs.

Long story short, Jailbroken iPod Touch / Phone gets boring after a while and when SDK comes out itll be much more official and less bugs.

mod break: watch your language
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

That's your opinion. I have been highly entertained since October myself.

3. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

In regards to your last part... You say that when it froze you actually restored it?

Ever heard of a hard reset? Try holding home and hold for a while...
  4. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yer, i agree with Rawd, i love my touch, ive only had it since the start of the month but hell I LOVE IT!!! All of the games, the emulators, sms, phone!! IT SO Good,

But still i very much respect your opinoin KingOfWar
  5. Jazz2

Jazz2 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Lolx. Without jailbreaking, ipod would be rotting in 20mins somewhere.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Everything gets boring. Enjoy what you can while you can and your life will be more satisfying.
  7. moosemun

moosemun New Member

I concour

I can understand to a degree how you would get bored, but at the same time I have so much fun simply changing things that are not supposed to be changed such as carrier images

8. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well see I like to be updates with everything so thats why I choose 1.1.3 jailbroken then 1.1.1. Even thought 1.1.3 doesnt support NES. But yes its my opinion. All im saying is it gets pretty boring and the iPod wasnt supposed to be doing this. Its supposed to play videos and music!
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same here, I am really glad that my ipod has been jailbroken. It is completely worth doing. You could pay $20 for iphone apps or you can get them for free. Basically with jailbreak so many things like emulators have come to the iphone etc and without JB there would be no GPSPhone or PSXX4all or NES on the iphone/ipod touch.
  10. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch

are you kidding me? older gen ipods, maybe. but definitely not the touch. it's a powerhouse. the device is a mini computer. there's an os, filesystem, networking, and definitely some good power behind it. seeing it as only good for music/video playing is definitely not giving it much credit, and why would a device owner want to understate it's power? remember, music and video player are just apps that apple installed on it. jailbreaking lets you add more apps. you can't judge its limits purely by what the box says it should do.

and anyone will get bored of a game after a while, but there's more to jailbreaking than them. there's plenty of useful apps too that i and others make use of. how useful the device is to you depends on your lifestyle really. plus, who says there's a limit on what people can develop for it. half the excitment is waiting to see what people create next for it.

and about the SDK making things 'official'...
    who knows, the SDK terms might be so restrictive that jailbreaking may be your only way to continue on making good use of the device. sure you may see a bug or two, but it comes with the territory. official SDK apps will most probably carry some bugs too.