Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Nishith, Apr 2, 2008.
can anyone help in jailbreaking the itouch without wifi
Dont use ziphone. use iliberity
Here's something I posted for someone else. It might help you:
It is so simple:
1. Download one of these 3 programs:
I prefer iLiberty by far...
2. Restore your Touch in iTunes to a clean 1.1.4 with a new name for your iPoT.
3. Launch iLib or JB of your choice.
4.If you use iLib, iTunes will close, relaunch it and keep it open. With the other 2 JBs, I'd close iTunes, though it may not matter.
5. Run the Jailbreak, iLib and the new Z give you options for payloads. I think Z automatically loads BSD (more on that in a sec) which is one of many reasons why I don't use it. Honestly, on your first JB ever, I wouldn't worry about it. Just get through the process. As you learn more, you can fiddle with all of that if the need to restore arises.
6. Alright, your Jailbroken! If you happen to get the dreaded BSD root error ( repeated code scrolling endlessly on your screen), unplug your Touch, hold home and power so it turns off, let go of power. Still holding the home button, with iTunes open, plug in the usb cable and keep holding home until iTiunes detects an ipod in restore mode.
7. Time now to install a few essentials and its time to play! You should add through Installer, either BSD subsystems or Cydia. I prefer the latter, but you must first add a source in Installer- apptapp.saurik.com and refresh your sources. Cydia takes awhile to load. BSD/Cydia is necessary for other apps to work. You should also add OpenSSH.
8. Search around the forum and see what others have to say. For every unhelpful a-hole that just yells "SEARCH!!" and offers no help, there is someone who is happy to help.
9. HAVE FUN!!!!
PM me if you have any questions...
hey i used iliberty and my itouch is now jailbroken and have installed cydia. Now i don't hv a wifi connection neither do i have a gprs activated on my sim so how do i go about to install applications. I tied using igopher but it says Could not find iPod Installer directory '/var/mobile/Library/Installer', aborting. also wen i open cydia on my ipod touch it doesn't show any list of applications....
use winpwn, you dont need tohave wifi to put apps on with it.
wifi is pretty important in most apps and for the iphone apps, no wifi means no fun unless you prefer just games
I Think i will write up a guide on how to do this, everybody here thinks the FULLY know what there doing
yeh, JB with no wifi, not much fun... but i would use winpwn, its abit more complicated, but alot more worth it.
Can someone confirm this, can iLiberty + Jailbreak all firmwares?
Separate names with a comma.