Jailbreak iPod Touch/iPhone 2.0 Windows BEST DFU MODE

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by xxxhackaxxx, Aug 12, 2008.

1. xxxhackaxxx

xxxhackaxxx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS! I GOT THIS FROM http://infotaxis.net/ipodiphone-20-firmware-jailbreak/.I PASTED IT TO BREAK SOME THINGS DOWN TO EXPLAIN MORE CAUSE!

THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO JAILBREAK 2.0 AND HAS THE BEST WAY TO GET INTO DFU MODE!!!

In the iPod/iPhone (iPhod?) community, everyone’s talking about the 2.0 firmware series. The appstore has brought sanctioned 3rd party apps to the iPhod and a jailbreak lets you get the best of both worlds. This one is a bit harder than previous ones, and even I had trouble getting it to work due to numerous errors and difficulties. This is not one of those guides that details the usage of winpwn - this is a guide for those who have trouble with the now-standard jb methods for 2.0. This guide assumes that you’ve tried the normal methods or at least are fairly competant with the process of upgrading your iPhod firmware.

I’ve found that a combination of winpwn and xpwn work for me to make and use the firmware. Here’s the process:

1. Get a copy of the 2.0 firmware - for the iPod Touch this file is called “iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw”. If you have an iPhone this is free. If not, ******* it or buy it, that’s up to you.

2. Download winpwn - http://winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page - as of my writing the current version is 2.0.0.3, and that’s the version I used. (Direct Link - http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=YCJDFEHW)

3. Download xpwn - http://xpwn.blogspot.com/ - this is the backend to winpwn, but some of this works better than winpwn, and vice versa IMO and experience. (Direct Link - http://www.iphone-dev.org/xpwn/xpwn-windows-nightly.zip and http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?9mdezqi2jem)

4. Make a folder and extract the files for xpwn, the bootloaders (the [PIRACY.mf] link) and a copy of the original firmware into it. (BEST PLACE TO PUT THE FILE IS IN YOUR USER FILE)

5. Install winpwn.

6. Open winpwn, select the firmware file.

6. Click ‘Build ISPW’ and check the Cydia box, optionally add boot/restore images.

7. Click the button to start the process, and wait for it to complete. (SAVE THE CUSTOM ISPW TO THE FOLDER YOU EXTRACTED INTO YOUR USER FILE. ex: Vista Users - C:\Users\"Username" XP Users - C:\Doucuments and Settings\"Username")

8. Close iTunes, and if you want to be extra safe, kill it’s processes:
    AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe
    AppleSyncNotifier.exe
    iPodService.exe
    iTunes.exe
    iTunesHelper.exe
    (To Do This Open Up Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and click Processes tab and Find The Programs and Click End Process)

9. Fire up a command prompt. cd to the folder and run this (yourfirmwarefile refers to the one that came OUT of winpwn)
    (IF YOU DID PUT THE FILE IN YOUR USER FILE THEN YOU TYPE THIS TO CD TO THE USER FILE Vista Users = cd "foldername" XP Users = cd "foldername"):

itunespwn yourfirmwarefile.ispw

idevice yourfirmwarefile.ispw #####

The number signs stand for your device. Here’s a list:

2g iPhone - m68ap
    3g iPhone - n82ap
    iPod Touch - n45ap

11. Follow the on-screen instructions to guide your phone into DFU mode with confirmation. If you make a mistake, it will tell you and you can ALWAYS start over, so relax. When you get it right, it will run a little hack on your iPhod to get it to accept custom firmware, you can then boot up iTunes.

12. Shift-click the restore button, navigate to your custom firmware, and restore it. Things should go smoothly, no errors, etc.

At this point you should have a nice clean jailbroken copy of firmware 2.0 - if not, you’ve done something wrong, or encountered a problem I didn’t. Feel free to comment for help, and I’ll do what I can to assist you. Good luck!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    does this count as spam...
  3. Yonex

Yonex New Member

Why would it? Isn't he giving us a guide?
  4. xxxhackaxxx

xxxhackaxxx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thx Yonex yah im tring to help epople with the things I SPENT HOURS trying to find out till i found this guide. If you have a question post it!
  5. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    wheres the thing about DFU mode?
  6. hooger

hooger Banned

It's a messy guide, but I guess it can help.

Although i had no problems just using winpwn.
  7. JRthaMac

JRthaMac New Member

8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  9. xxxhackaxxx

xxxhackaxxx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Totally 1337.

The part bout this guide i love is the DFU part cause it gives you on screen instructions and counts down when let go of the button! Worked for me 1st try but here is the part

Fire up a command prompt (you should know how to do this, but run->cmd.exe).
    cd to the folder( IF YOU DID PUT THE FILE IN YOUR USER FILE THEN YOU TYPE THIS Vista Users = cd "foldername" XP Users = cd "foldername"), and run this (yourfirmwarefile refers to the one that came OUT of winpwn):

itunespwn yourfirmwarefile.ispw
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Now run this:

idevice yourfirmwarefile.ispw #####

The number signs stand for your device. Here’s a list:

2g iPhone - m68ap
    3g iPhone - n82ap
    iPod Touch - n45ap
    Follow the on-screen instructions to guide your phone into DFU mode with confirmation. If you make a mistake, it will tell you and you can ALWAYS start over, so relax.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yah im really sorry it's messy i updated it so that there are Step Numbers. Yah keep posting and this guide i put up cuase it worked the best for the DFU mode. Ill be on every day lookng for questions to answer!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    BTW I do not think that the DFU mode in this tutorial ill work if your just trying to get to DFU moe cause you need a firmware to use in hte cammand you type
  10. dp4c

dp4c New Member

uh...........dude the firmware extension is "ipsw" not "ispw"
    and yeah this guide helped a lot........specially the DFU mode

Please Register or Log in to view images