Jailbreak ipod touch can't update or exchange?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Psoul, May 3, 2010.

1. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I am wondering if you jailbreak your ipod touch, and suddenly your ipod touch device have some accidents happened to it. And it is real bad that you need to go to Cosco or something to exchange or change a new one. Would they let u or could you exchange it? Cuz you jailbroke it...
    Sorry me dumb!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance!
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its a very very rare occurrence that you mess an iPod up so badly it can't be fixed, a restore will fix 99% of the problems you encounter.
  3. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I am meaning PHYSICALLY DAMAGE such as -what if it fell from a table and the ipod touch fell apart or went down into the toliet? Or badly broken screen which doesn't have touch sense anymore??? >_<
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it goes down the toilet, they're not going to fix it anyway, water damage isn't covered. As for if the screen breaks, you can still restore it.

I'm not sure what they'd do if they put it back together after it falling off the table and saw it jailbroken though
  5. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    O... so if you jailbroke your ipod touch or iphone devices, and it is physically damaged badly, No exchanging a new one?
  6. Toink

Toink New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah, so before sending for repair you MUST restore.. otherwise your warranty may get voided
  7. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The problem is that I am afraid that somehow they will go into your system and track how much time you restored your ipod touch or jailbroke it. Like they use somekind of tools or programs... they could possibly do that.... its not impossible. And when they found out that your ipod touch or iphone device is jailbroken, no hope in exchanging new one.
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    If you Jailbreak, you lose your warranty. If you DFU restore they can't know that you've Jailbroken.

If you break it so it can't be restored, just send it off anyway. The worst that could happen is that they don't fix it.