Jailbreak ipod touch 32GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by HolidaySp22, Feb 15, 2008.

1. HolidaySp22

HolidaySp22 New Member

Is it worth trying to jailbreak a new 32 GB with the iphone features and 1.1.3...sorry if this was posted before..its just that it is a big investment...additionally what would be the best method...thank in advance
  2. brosmooth

brosmooth New Member

its not a big deal... if u wanna do it, all u do is downgrade and open up a website in safari.... and thats pretty much it, since u wanna upgrade to 1.1.3 theres like 10000000000 tuts on how to do it, and since u have 32gb, u needa do the soft upgrade, not the ziphone, cuz that obviously wont work...
  3. Azuremen

Azuremen New Member

There are plenty of topics on this, but I'll ask you a few questions and give you some answers.

If you just want the apps, and maybe some custom themes, its probably not worth it to you to do the jailbreak.

There are 3 main reasons I jailbroke my 32GB after getting it - wikipedia.app, Books.app, and iAno.app. Everything else was just gravy for me, though websearch is handy for reducing time wasted waiting for junk to load.

But I didn't jailbreak into 1.1.3 because its not that great at times, and battery life ( at least for me ) seemed worse on the 16GB I had running JB'n 1.1.3 than JB'n 1.1.2.

The best route is to do a forced restore and recover to the 1.1.1 firmware and work your way up from there. Getting my 32GB to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 took about 30 minutes, though I spent quite a bit more time than that getting icons, applications and setting up themes and the likes.
  4. HolidaySp22

HolidaySp22 New Member

Yes I understand...I bought the 32GB a couple of days ago and really i just want to jailbreak it to get some new apps and themes...it was already in 1.1.3 and with the "wiggly" feature which i dont care for much...new apps def will be a plus though so i might just downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak from there...thanks guys