Jailbreak iPod Touch 1G w/out QuickPWN?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by palyons, Mar 31, 2009.

1. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Just was wondering if anyone could link me to a good guide for how to jailbreak an iPod Touch 1G to 2.2.1 without having to use QuickPwn or WinPwn? I'm only asking this because I can't find any good guides on Google or this forum to do so. Basically what I'm looking for is more of a manual step-by-step guide. Thanks for any help you can provide me on this.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're on Windows (which I'm guessing you are seeing as you mentioned Winpwn) you have no other option.

Follow this tutorial, its very good: Link

Although you'll need the newest version of Quickpwn, the steps are the same
    Link to Quickpwn
  3. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Not really the response I wanted. I'm trying to jailbreak a friends 1st gen ipod touch, but the thing is, I created a custom ipsw file for him using XPwn in order to give him 800mb, instead of the default 500mb. Yes I know how to properly use XPwn, had my fair share of using it to jailbreak my own 2g Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Anyway, just wanted to know how to properly restore a custom ipsw is all.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

You don't need to/cannot make a firmware for a 1G, you just flash the nor which is what Quickpwn/Winpwn/and Pwnagetool all do.
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you've already made a custom IPSW, put the iPod in DFU mode (if you don't know how, there's a couple of good tutorials on here) then just hold shift and press restore in iTunes. Then find the custom one and double click it.
  6. palyons

palyons New Member

Device:
    iPad
    That actually didn't work, but I was however able to get the problem resolved. Thankfully I have OS X installed on my PC, and was able to use Pwnage Tool to create a custom ipsw file in the way I wanted, and just put the ipod into receovery mode and restored the custom firmware from there. And as for DFU mode, I've done it so many times I could do it in my sleep by now

Please Register or Log in to view images