Jailbreak ipod on 1 computer, but sync on other

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thenewguy, Jan 31, 2009.

1. thenewguy

thenewguy New Member

My sister has a mac, and I have a pc. The windows version of jailbreaking is a bit too confusing for me, so i was thinking about using my sister's mac to jailbreak my ipod touch. I was just wondering if I could just sync my ipod to my pc for my songs and apps and stuff, or would I have to use my sister's mac?
  2. Flamey87

Flamey87 New Member

Until the windows JB fully works, you will more than likely have to always run the patch on your sister's computer. If that doesn't bother you, then yeah, I'm pretty sure you can sync to the iTunes on a different computer. Jailbreaking itself has little to do with iTunes. Once the iPod has been jailbroken, iTunes should recognize it as an ordinary device.
  3. thenewguy

thenewguy New Member

ok, I am perfectly fine with using her's for jailbreaking. I just want to save myself the trouble of going through the cmmand prompt and accidentally screwing something up.
  4. Flamey87

Flamey87 New Member

Unless you actually intend for your Touch to destroy itself, you can't really brick it, via manual JB. The thing is, however, the Windows JB isn't working properly right now (If you follow Arix's guide). So, for now, the only novice-friendly way to jb your iPod, is to use a mac to do so.

And just to clarify, every time you completely shut off your iPod, and every time it crashes completely (so you see the apple logo when you turn it back on), you're going to need to use your sister's computer to run the patch again. You won't need to do this if you just press the sleep button.
  5. thenewguy

thenewguy New Member

awesome. Thanks a lot!
  6. Flamey87

Flamey87 New Member

No problem. Good luck with everything. =]