jailbreak iphone again this time on windows

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danomac, May 24, 2009.

1. danomac

danomac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My mac's hard drive crashed and the mac has not been the same since the hard drive was changed. So I partitioned the drive and installed windows and I am only using the windows OS now. I have the 3G iphone OS 2.2.1 and I tried downloading the quickpwn tool from the dev teams site but it doesnt seem to work. is the OS able to be jailbroken on windows?
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I've never tried it on Windows let alone a Mac running Widnows. I would have thought that the Windows side would be able to do it but there may be a conflict somewhere.

What is it doing while attempting to do the jailbreak on the Mac side?
  3. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Did you get a shoddy hard drive? You need at least 5400 RPM for adequate performance. But, no, there won't be any issues.
  4. danomac

danomac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the apple store put the hard drive in I don't know how many rpms it has. I will call today and find out thanks for the advice.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you are having issues with the hard drive I would take it back to Apple. Is it still under warranty? How long ago did they do the hard drive?
  6. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yea. I would check it out.

Really. Any 2.5" Hard Drive is compatible, but they might have barrel bottomed expecting an unknowledgable customer. I would always change it myself anyway.