iPhone 3G Jailbreak iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EugeneO, Aug 10, 2009.

1. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

This may be a silly question but I trust you all therefore I'd like your advice directly. Should I jailbreak my 3G? I have thought about this for weeks.
    I am the type of person that always follows the rules and so I do not want to do anything wrong whether it's immoral or unethical.
    I purchased my 3G in December 2008 along with the Apple Care warranty. I have heard how great jb is however I'd like your top 3 reasons why I should jb my 3G. As you know Apple claims it is illegal to jb. Do you think it is illegal, immoral, or unethical? I came to his forum because I trust what you all have to say. Thanks for helping me out. The main reason why I have not jb my 3G is simply because Apple doesn't like it. However I spent a pretty penny and I'd like to do whatever I like with my 3G cause it's mine. It's not like I'm leasing my 3G from AT&T. I look at it like people customize their cars, why should't I be able to customize my phone???:confuse

Also if you feel I should not jb please provide your reasons.

Thanks again for your advice. I known I can always count on you guys (& girls).

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Jailbreaking, by itself, is not illegal, immoral, or unethical. Using the jailbreak to pirate applications or other content is all three of the aforementioned adjectives.

The decision is up to you. I have my iPhone jailbroken because I want things my way, and for the money I pay, there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed to do that.

There are legitimate reasons to keeping your device in it's "virgin" state. Refraining from jailbreaking because Apple doesn't like it is not one of those.
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple isn't God, despite what some people say

Yes you should jailbreak

Click here for more answers to your questions
  4. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thank you guys. I'll take a look at that site iptman.

Ant other thoughts people?
  5. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have an jailbroken iPhone 3g as well. Personally I believe its worth it, but it all depends on you. Look at the pros and cons and decide for your self if you believe its worth it. But don't make Apple's disapproval a major factor in your decision, because after a quick restore, no one will ever know that your iPhone was once jailbroken.
  6. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I jailbroke, and have had nothing but problems... the iPod touch was better, but with the iPhone, it seems everything WANTS to go wrong. Maybe it's just me. I wish there was a way to unlock the iPhone without the need for jailbreaking.
  7. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Can a person text and/or send mms for free on jb iPhones?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Why haven't you restored your iPhone since you've had so many problems?
  8. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I restore so much already, like every week I have to spend 2 hours waiting for everything to sync back. That's also part of the annoyance, I need to find a way to unlock the iPhone without jailbreaking.
  9. litokhmaikid

litokhmaikid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No you cant use the messages.app for free after jailbreak, but in the app store you can get apps that let you text for free.