iPhone 3G Jailbreak iPhone 3G w/ Broken Home Button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chanjerry18, Dec 31, 2009.

1. chanjerry18

chanjerry18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have an iPhone 3G with a broken home button. Everything works fine EXCEPT the home button. I would like to jailbreak and then unlock the iPhone 3G to work under OS 3.0, tmobile. It's not the unlocking part i have problems with. That part can come later. It is the jailbreaking part I am having trouble with. My question is:

How can I jailbreak my iPhone 3G so that it is firmware 3.0, if the home button is broken? (no access to DFU :[ )

Background information:
    I use Windows 7
    I use iTunes 9
    My iPhone is CURRENTLY 2.11.07 firmware. I want to upgrade to firmware 3.0 and jailbreak it.
    My iphone home button is BROKEN.
    I don't have a contract with AT&T. I use tmobile, but i bought this iphone 3g from a friend.
  2. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    The home button is really simple to get to and fix if you know what you are doing... but if you want to jailbreak 3.0 you don't need to do dfu, just plug it in a computer and click the button on the blackrain program and 30 seconds later it's jailbroken. But, I would look up your warranty on the apple website (enter your serial number of the iPhone here https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do ), and see if you can get your iPhone replaced for free (it doesn't matter if you have it on a cellular network, mine wasn't on and they still replaced it twice.) I think they would either fix it for you or replace it, depends on how nice of a person at the Apple store you talk to is. (I would shift+update to 2.2.1 so the jailbreak doesn't ruin your warranty.)

Anyway, jailbreaking on 3.0 is easy.
  3. chanjerry18

chanjerry18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thank you for your quick reply!

The thing is, I kind of voided my warranty when I wasn't careful and ripped the "DO NOT REMOVE" sticker while trying to replace my iPhone 3G battery. LOL. But the warranty expired already anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm currently downloading 3.0 right now.
    So what you're saying is just update it to 3.0, then blackrain it? No dfu required?

Does blackrain work with 3.0? or is it only 3.1.2