iOS 4.1 jailbreak IP touch 2g PC model ios 4.1

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by unknown25, Oct 1, 2010.

1. unknown25

unknown25 New Member

Help please!

just bought a new ipod touch 2g with ios 4.1 installed model #: A12.. & ID:BCGA... so not MC.
    using a macbook pro with 10.6.4.
    Idownloaded iPod2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw
    and itunes 10

I have been trying redsnow 0.9.6,
    but as soon as i get to the final step and i put my IPod in DFU mode, nothing happens.
    redsnow says that its waiting to reboot but nothing appears on the screen of my ipod.

am i doing something wrong? at first i was making the mistake of putting it in recovery mode but i then put it in DFU mode and still nothing.
    I've been trying several times already.

Any help?
  2. yanks27ngoin

yanks27ngoin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    PC, I am pretty sure, is the personalized version of MC. Did you have your iPod personalized by Apple? MC I thought should work but tethered, other than that I cannot help. If you have redsn0w 0.9.6 b1 and your following all the steps it should work unless MC's are not supported at all in the latest redsn0w.
  3. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This happen to me also, did you try to unplug and plug in again the usb cable once on the "Waiting for reboot" screen ? For some people it worked.
  4. unknown25

unknown25 New Member

it was personalized but i have tried using redsnow 0.9.6 and it still doesnt work.
    maybe i'm not doing the tethered jailbreak correctly.
    when exactly is it tethered and i need to "reboot tethered"?

i'v also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in but nothing happens.
    i make it to the screen "waiting to reboot" and then nothing happens.

is there a specific setting i need to use because its MC?

thanks and i'll keep trying
  5. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Redsn0w 0.9.6 is a beta release, as it says it supports iPod Touch 2G MC model but only tethered jailbreak, meaning you have to launch redsn0w each time you reboot or if your iPod battery ends, and boot tethered by only choosing that option in redsn0w, the "Waiting for reboot" screen happens to me like i said, and to many others with the MC model, if you keep it in DFU mode as redsn0w advise you it will hang, unlug and re-plug does'nt seem to work for everybody, at least for me it does'nt, only if you change the mode to restore on your iPod while on the "waiting for reboot" screen it will continue but actually it will not install te jailbreak, so its a no go for me at this time.
  6. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

Try a different computer. Or a windows pc and use snobreeze 2.02. This is the only time I recommend u using snowbreeze instead of redsnow

Please Register or Log in to view images