iOS 4.0 jailbreak ios4.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ikid, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ikid

ikid Member

Ok guys I just tested it on an old iPhone 3G lying around and can confirm that this works! Now that Apple has released iOS 4.0.2 to patch the PDF exploit, JailbreakMe which was previously used to jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod touch 3G / 2G and iPad is now incompatible with iOS 4.0.2. But if you have iPhone 3G (which doesn’t rely on an unlock) or an iPod touch 2G (non-MC model) lying around, you can jailbreak it using the existing version of Redsn0w. Simply follow the step by step guide posted below to jailbreak the mentioned devices on iOS 4.0.2 using Redsn0w.

Step 1: Download iOS 4.0.2 for your version of iPhone and iPod touch.

Step 2: Update to this latest firmware using the IPSW file you just downloaded via iTunes 9.2.1.

Step 3: Start Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 (download link given below) and point it to iOS 4 (Final Version), and not iOS 4.0.2 firmware file to proceed with the jailbreak.

Step 4: Now select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”.

Step 5: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.

Step 6: Connect your device in recovery mode by pressing the Power and buttons continuously.
    At this stage you will be presented with a screen where you will have to quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.

Step 7: Sit back and enjoy while redsn0w will do all the rest for you. Once done, your iPhone and/or iPod touch will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken on the latest iOS 4.0.2 Beta firmware.

Disclaimer: This guide is for testing & educational purposes only. I’m not responsible for any loss of important data or malfunctioning of your iPhone.

Download iOS 4.0.2
    Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Mac
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/403935139/redsn0w_mac_0.9.5b5-5.zip.html

Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Windows
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/403936027/redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5.zip.html
    source http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-4.0.2-with-redsn0w-how-to-guide/
  2. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
  3. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yep. It should as iPhone 3G (Old) and iPod Touch 2G (MB) are supposeldy pwnd for life. So right now i'll test it. I'll write here if everything completes correctly

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ocr123

ocr123 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Damn... I get my iphone 4 in 4 weeks. Hope it has 4.0.1 pre-installed

5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you did already buy it some time agon (a week) then it should have 4.0.1 - If not, well then you have to wait on a Jailbreak :S
  6. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Probably not. If you're ordering from the Apple Online Store and it says 4 weeks, there's a 99.9% chance that it hasn't even been manufactured yet.

I ordered my iPhone 4 over a month ago and will probably recieve it tomorrow. It can't have 4.0.2 preinstalled already, so it will be jailbreakable OTB, but now I can't get my SHSHs! If I need to restore it for whatever reason, I'm f***ed!