Jailbreak information please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Arigo, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Arigo

Arigo New Member

Okay, so im getting a new ipod for christmas (Touch, 3G 32gb) and i've been trying to do a bit of research on jailbreaking.. What are the benefits of jailbreaking? You can get free apps, but can't you do that normally? Also I heard that the 3G 32gb is tethered, meaning you can't turn it off without connecting it back to your computer (something like that) will that be permanent? Or will there be a fix?

Sorry if this is a common topic, i tried searching a bit and couldn't really find much. Thanks.
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Jailbreaking Benefits:
    Themes
    3rd Party Apps

What do you mean by free apps? Cydia apps? or Cracked Apps(illegal and cannot be discussed on this forum)?

A tethered jailbreak means if you were to completely turn off your iPod, the only way to turn it back on is if you plug it into the computer, and you will see the "Connect to iTunes screen", when you see that run Blackra1n to boot it up(re-jailbreak basically) like normal.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any other questions just post(on this thread) or PM me

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Arigo

Arigo New Member

Okay, well i did look on the forums and saw that they are working on a way to make a jailbreak so that it is untethered (I think). Im not sure about the free apps, I thought I heard somewhere that you can get apps for free.. What are cydia apps? And what do you mean by 3rd Party Apps?
  4. ts7290

ts7290 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    um would jailbreak make it so i can have a theme on my itouch? if so how do i make my itouch jailbreak
  5. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    3rd party apps are apps that come from Cydia
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    To jailbreak your iPod touch click here