jailbreak i did it..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by racefan, Oct 13, 2009.

1. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i jailbroke my ipod with blackra1n and so far i like it, i have cydia and winter board is there anything else that i should get. i didnt download the rock and icy are they worth it and if someone could pointers on doing some of the stuff on my ipod or what to get that would be great.....thanks
  2. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cydia, Icy and Rock are all installers. In theory, each can do what the others can do. Just stick with Cydia for the time being - it's proven.

Aside from WinterBoard, try out (just off the top of my head):

-Categories
    -Five Icon Dock
    -Five Column SpringBoard
    -Five Rows
    -SpringJumps
    -iBlank
    -BlankNull
    -OpenSSH
    -SBSettings
    -BossPaper
    -FontSwap
    -iFile
    -MobileTerminal
    -MakeItMine
    -MobileMusicPlayer Flip Three
    -LiveClock
    -WeatherIcon
    -Various Themes (including Landscaped themes and Delnoch themes)

Now that you're jailbroken, it's honestly "experiment time". You can peruse the various sub-forums to see screenshots of what people have done with their iPods (and they usually include a list of what they used to make their setup) but what works for them, might not work for you or be pleasing to your eye.
  3. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ya i kinda noticed that its alot playing around with, can i copy my own movies to my ipod now ?
  4. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    .mp4 movies have never needed a jailbreak to play. You can sync them through iTunes, for that matter.
  5. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive tried taking a dvd that i own and was not able to figure it out, so how do i get a movie to iyunes then to ipod ?
  6. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You need a converter. I think the free one someone made that was floating around here was called iPodME. If I can find a link, I'll edit my post.

EDIT: wow, there's a version 2 now! I still have 1.1 lol. Anyways, go here.

http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/ipodme/

It converts video files to mp4s that you can just add to your itunes library and sync to your ipod. I thought it worked with dvds too, but im not sure. You may need another program for getting the video off of dvds. although you may be able to browse the dvd and use it's video file for the input.
  7. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    utzz, that list you have where do i go to find that stuff and which ones are the best for costumizing my ipod
  8. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All the packages I listed above are available through Cydia. Open up Cydia and hit the "Search" icon in the lower-right corner.

As for converting DVD's you own to the iPod Touch size/format, I use DVD43 + HandBrake (WinXP). I haven't tried iPodME that RedrumsSam suggested, so no opinion there.

And for customizing your iPod - WinterBoard is really the only thing you need to get started. Download some themes, apply through WB. The Landscaped/Delnoch themes are the ones that require some setup before you actually apply the theme. That's where the other packages come into play - iBlank, BlankNull, Categories, SpringJumps, etc.

Head over to the Customization/Theme forums and have a look around. Tons of info/screenshots there to help you along with customizing your iPod.
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The only mods/apps I recommend are:
    • SBSettings
    • MultiIconMover
    • OpenSSH
    • GV Mobile (if you need it)
    • MobileTerminal (not working on 3.1.x yet)
  10. racefan

racefan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    was wondering because i was looking through the forum where people posted pics of their ipods and some of them looked awesome i just dont want down load something and ruin my ipod...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i downloaded sbsettings sholdnt there be a seperate icon for it or not....