Jailbreak Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Olehk8, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

I actually am brand new to the jailbreaking world, and I have a lot of questions before I decide to proceed in jailbreak my iPod touch.

*Before we start I have a 2G iPod Touch Version 2.2.1

1.) How safe is it to jailbreak my iPod?
    2.) What are the risks?
    3.) If I jailbreak it, will I have everything I had on my iPod before the jailbreak (not including apps, music, pics, ect...) Such as things like app store, safari, and all of the other default apps?
    A.) If so, will they all work?
    4.) What is the best jailbreak application in your opinion, and why?
    A.) Will I be able to restore my iPod to it's original state if I am not satisfied?
    I.) If so, are there only specific versions that I can do this with?

Sincerely,
    Oleh
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey and welcome to the forum

Please Register or Log in to view images

1)It is 99.9% safe to jailbreak your iPod, most problems are fixed by a simple restore in iTunes

2)There are practically no risks whatsoever apart from voiding your warranty, but that can easily be fixed by a restore aswell, apple wont know you've done anything and your warranty will be fine

3)Yes, everything stays and everything will work fine

4)I'd go for Redtool: Link and yes, you will be able to restore back to its original state

5)You have to make sure that you either restore using iTunes, or get the same firmware as you had before. For example yours is probably 2.2.1/5H11a. You have to make sure to restore to the same one as that
  3. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same concerns when i first considered Jailbreaking.

1.) 99.9% safe if you know what you are doing you will be fine.
    2.) Bricking your iPod and Voiding Warrenty
    3.) Yes you will have the same things as before nothing changed except for the addition of Cydia
    A.) Yes
    4.) unofficialsn0w 2.2.1 Quick and Simple (shortperson1026 tutorial) link
    A.) Yes jailbreaks are reversible
    I.) Put in DFU mode and use itunes

Hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Very Safe, most problems can be fixed through DFU and iTunes

• There are very little risks, nothing that can't be fixed, any problems just post here. But you will have decreased battery life, read the battery info sticky for more information.

• Yes, all the applications will still be there, plus 2 more, Cydia, and Installer (You dont have to have installer, there is an option in the jailbreaking program.)

• Yes, they will all work just like they're supposed to.

• The best jailbreak application in my opinion is redsn0w because it comes straight from the Dev Team, but RedTool is also another very good program. And remember LogoMe will only work with the redsn0w jalbreak program. LogoMe changes your bootlogo, the little silver apple when booting can be changed through this program without a NOR or full restore.

• Certainly, you will be able to restore it to factory setting through iTunes.

• You restore through iTunes, to just simply restore you need to have the firmware downloaded, which if you don't iTunes will ask you to download it. To restore to an earlier firmware like 2.X you need to downgrade, which is just restoring to an older firmware, to do this you must have the firmware downloaded onto your computer if it is not already through iTunes, you have to use an unofficial link (just search the firmware name in google, example: iPod Touch 2.2 firmware download, I cannot provide you with any links, it's against the rules.). To downgrade simple SHIFT+LEFT CLICK the RESTORE button in iTunes, locate your firmware and hit OK.
  5. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you two just copy pretty much exactly what I put??
  6. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol ikno but some of the questions have only one answer and no other choice.