Jailbreak help... Unlocking.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Manson17, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Manson17

Manson17 New Member

Hey, another problem.
    I want to update my mums 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone 2g to 2.0.2. But I remember when I was jailbreaking it the first time I was having ALOT of trouble unlocking it, and everytime I went to itunes (after the jailbreak) it would say it couldn't recognise the sim. Now I want to update it to 2.0.2 but I dont want to f*ck up anything... Is there maybe anything I was doing wrong or something I need to do first?
    Thanks
    Scott...
  2. mugendc4

mugendc4 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had this problem as well when I was trying to unlock my friend's iPhone and jailbreak to 2.1 FW. Got the same "couldn't recognize sim problem, please run iTunes Crap." How I fixed this problem

1) Make sure the Sim you want to unlock is in the iPhone
    2) Set your iPhone to DFU mode and run itunes and restore to 2.x Firmware (Make sure you don't do anything else like activate the phone through itunes, just exit when done restoring)
    3) Run QuickPWN and obviously check add cydia, add installer, and Unlock. Don't forget to get BL-39.bin and BL-46.bin.
    4) Enjoy your unlock iPhone that is jailbreaked

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've read somewhere some people had no issues updating their iPhone FW through iTunes and their phone remain unlock. Never tested this so not really sure. If it works, just run QuickPWN and your set. You can try to see if iTunes let you update and still remain unlock, if not just follow my steps and you should be good.