jailbreak for the 3.1.3 / downgrading to 3.1.2 problems (please help!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sambambina, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sambambina

sambambina New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so i used to have 3.1.2 and i jailbroke it with black ra1n, all was well. but my battery started acting up (has this happened to anyones jailbroken ipod?) i called apple and htey tolled me to restoer it (them not knowing it was jailbroken). i did not back up my signature becasue i didnt know about that till now and when i restored it upgraded. now im stuck with 3.1.3
    are there any jailbreaks that work wit hthe ipod 3rd gen 3.1.3 or can some one help me downgrade to 3.1.2. when i try it will start to extract the firmware, but then it will stop and say "this device is not elligable for the requested build" and i know for a fact the firmware i donwloaded from felizbruns was for 3rd gen ipod

any suggestions?
    thanks!
    -sammi
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if its a 8gb you can downgrade. the battery issue depends on what mobile sustrates are running
  3. sambambina

sambambina New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what are mobile substrates? and its a 32gb
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    32gb has no downgrade lol. Sorry bad luck for you
    mobile subtrates are like things you run in the background. its like the programs running the background
  5. sambambina

sambambina New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oh yeah i had alot of thos...
    dang it! are there any jailbreaks coming out soon for 3.1.3?
  6. br0adband

br0adband New Member

I'm in the same boat, it seems. I grabbed a used (with busted glass) 32GB 3rd gen iPt the other day for a decent price, and I know for a fact it had 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 on it since it was purchased on December 8th, 2009 (~2 months before 3.1.3 appeared) and of course the idiot previous owner went ahead and upgraded to 3.1.3...

Dagnabbit, I hate stupid people sometimes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, I've been scouring this forum, every place I can to keep on top of things and hoping and praying that greenpois0n will be out soon. I'm quite positive, based on everything that I've read recently, that the guy or guys or guys and gals that are working on greenpois0n have it done, but they're holding on to it prior to the iPad release on April 3rd.

I hate waiting but, considering the efforts they're all putting into giving us back some freedom with our expensive yet hamstrung devices, I'll just have to choke on it a bit longer.

I sure hope it happens soon, it gets boring running a ton of free and effectively useless apps and no proper backgrounding ability.

So, to summarize:

Right now as of this minute, we're in the same boat as I said. Both of us have 32GB 3rd gen iPt devices and we're both stuck with 3.1.3 and until greenpois0n appears ready to break these bastiges, we'll just have to use 'em to our best ability.

There's a lot of info here at this forum, but sometimes it's very tough to extract just the actual info a person needs.

Let's all cross our fingers and hope that greenpois0n really is the pleasure...

7. sambambina

sambambina New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thanks so much for hte help! ill keep an eye out