Jailbreak for iPod Touch 2g 3.0 once it is released?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moabal, May 31, 2009.

1. moabal

moabal New Member

I have a question, why aren't there any jailbreaks for iPod Touch 2g 3.0? I understand it is a different process than the other devices in the iFamily, but I thought it is a hardware exploit? So if this is the case, why can't we jailbreak it for 3.0? Is it jailbreakable in the future?

Thanks!
  2. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is in fact completely jailbreakable. It's just that the 24kpwn is not as known as the first exploits, and just above amateur developers' coding levels, so people will only fiddle with it as far as a tethered jailreak, which is available. I assure you that a 3.0 ipod touch 2g jailbreak has already been done by the iphone dev team, they just haven't released it to the public yet because they won't release anything based on beta software (i.e. 3.0 betas). It will be as easy as any current jailbreak, perhaps even easier with redtool and a new version of redsn0w.
  3. Weirb

Weirb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    AllyOmega is right , the only way for Apple to stop us from jailbreaking iDevices is to release new hardware updates . So if you stick with your 2g you'll always have a jailbreak.
  4. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The 3.0 isn't out yet. Only the beta's are.
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    redTool development is *very* active right now in order to hopefully bring a day one 3.0 jailbreak with 24kpwn. I am in talks with several members of Chronic-Dev and planetbeing (off and on) in order to make redTool essentially the next Quickpwn/Pwnagetool combination. Things just keep getting better and better, the only problem is that I may only have a week to finish up. I honestly hope at this point that they announce 3.0 and that they announce the next iPhone but wait a few more weeks to release them to the public. That's just me though, I want a great, stable, piece of software. Others just want 3.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. cline92

cline92 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Is redTool for Mac still in development?
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not currently... however we are thinking about some alternative ways to get redTool to other platforms after we get past the initial 2.0 release and 3.0 hurdle.
  8. moabal

moabal New Member

So let me get this straight? It is still completely jailbreakable. However, the exploit can only be released by the ADVANCE dev teams such as the iPhone Dev team or Chronic Dev. So amateurs are not able to figure it out?
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Exactly
  10. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wrong. Chronic and the Dev team won't release it because it would just get patched in the next beta, therefore wasting their time. Amateurs don't have the experience to craft a LLB. But of course it is 100% jailbreakable and even Chris can prove it through his device.