iOS 4.1 jailbreak for 3G, can't comprehend :p

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Stemoy, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So I've just been in the iPod/jailbreak community for ~9 or 10 months and get most of the terms. But with my Touch, it's not got the hardware exploit so I never learned about it. My iPhone now does, which is pretty amazing to think about. But with the 4.1 and eventually 4.2 release, will I just have to jailbreak with redsn0w to 4.0 firmware like now or will a new tool be out and I have to use some other firmware? And I upgraded to 4.01 then used 4.0 to jailbreak and my phone still says it's on 4.01. Is it really on 4.01 or does it just think it? I didn't get why it had to use an older firmware for the exploit and stuff, and why it had to do the restore method thing rather than blackra1n and spirit just ran on the device. I dunno, inform me on that stuff if you will

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Rem0rse

Rem0rse Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    A new tool will be out I should think, because if you try jailbreaking it right now, Cydia or anything doesn't work =/, and the reason we use the older firmware is because it only needs the few things from 4.0, and yes it is on 4.0.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

, but 4.1 will still be jailbroken by redsn0w, just a newer and supported version.