Jailbreak for 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by stj0691, Nov 23, 2007.

1. stj0691

stj0691 New Member

hi everyone, this is my first post and I have some questions to ask. Right now is there any direct way to jailbreak into the 1.1.2? I know there's one way (jailbreakme.com) which directly jailbreaks the 1.1.1. Any quick strategies? Another question I have is will you need to downgrade to 1.1.1 to jailbreak or is their an updated version for 1.1.2 users available? My last question is that is there a chance my ipod touch could become "bricked"? Can someone define what bricked means? I heard stuff about the ipods not working anymore after jailbreaking and I worried that if I jailbreak my iPod may not work or something similar to that fashion. Plus I spent 400 dollars for the 16 GB and I don't want that to be flushed down the toilet. Any info, advice or how to's or what to do?

Thanks, stj0691
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. You cant direct jailbreak 1.1.2
    2. There are many ways to jailbreak 1.1.1 (Slovix Touchfree Jailbreakme) Google Them
    3.You have to downgrade to 1.1.1 before attempting any jailbreak then jailbreak 1.1.1 go to installer and install oktoprep then do the 1.1.2 jailbreak
    4.im not completly sure but i think its like completly impossible to "Brick" your ipod because you can just Force Restore(Not sure about this though i think its right)
  3. kilark7

kilark7 New Member

8gb?

how much memory does jail breaking your ipod take up... If you had an 8gb ipod touch and still had a good amount of songs and videos, how much memory would jail breaking it take up??
  4. Evil_Genius

Evil_Genius New Member

Where can we get direct 1.1.2 ipod touch jailbreak`?
  5. Bryan

Bryan New Member

I'm in the process of jail breaking my iPot right now and I'm fairly certain that shotgunfool already answered this question when he said, "1. You cant direct jailbreak 1.1.2".

I've had my iPod Touch for a couple of weeks now and I'm tired of waiting for Apple or Microsoft to come up with a fix for my Vista 64-bit OS. Wish me luck while I use my daughter's laptop with a Japanese version of Vista to work through this. Thanks again for all the incredible work that this community provides.

--
    Bryan
  6. stj0691

stj0691 New Member

Jailbreak the iPod Touch Pt. 2

thanks, i might do it. i don't want to risk the white screen though.
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

1. You have to downgrade to 1.1.1 first, jailbreak, oktoprep, then upgrade
    2. Many ways - jailbreakme, Slovix, Touchfree, manual, etc.
    3. See Number 1
    4. It is impossible to brick your ipod unless there is Drive trouble
  8. nudded

nudded New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    about the direct jailbreak, there might be one in the future, the dev team tinks there are other bugs that may cause root acces. but for now this method is the easiest one
  9. Voodoo411

Voodoo411 New Member

the current jailbreak method is not that complicated. i did mine in 5mins (doesnt count the 1.1.2 upgrade time)