Jailbreak first Timer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ortizlgnd, Dec 11, 2007.

1. ortizlgnd

ortizlgnd New Member

Ok, so, I just got a Touch and have heard rumors of how to Jailbreak it. I've read a few ways to do so, but I'm confused about the different ways. I have unfortunately already installed the ipod update to 1.12 but i've never installed jailbreak for 1.1. So here's my long-awaited question: Is it necessary for me to first restore my ipod to 1.1, then (2) install jailbreak for 1.1, then (3) upgrade to jailbreak for 1.12, and then (4) update my ipod back to 1.12? Or is there a way that I can just restore my ipod to factory (1.1) and then just install jailbreak for 1.12 and then update my ipod back to 1.12?.....................yeah, I'm really confused.
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

First of all, there are no rumors on how to Jailbreak an iPod, it's all in the forums (You could have noticed if you had taken the time to SEARCH).

First, read... there's a fool-proof jailbreak guide on this exact section....

PS. It's Firmware 1.1, Firmware 1.1.1 and Firmware 1.1.2.

Please search before you post... BTW Grats on getting an iPod Touch =D
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

i dont have my ipot yet,but from what ive read, in order to jailbreak 1.1.2, you have to restore back to 1.1.1,jailbreak it,install the readytoprep or w/e the program is called,then update,and jailbreak it again
  4. ortizlgnd

ortizlgnd New Member

I tried to restore to 1.11 but itunes will only allow me to restore with 1.12 version. So, i tried holding Shift key while checking for updates ( as another guide suggested). but it didnt work either. So, how can I get to 1.11?
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

You need to download the 1.1.1 firmware, then when you do the shift click thing click on the 1.1.1 firmware that you downloaded.
  6. ortizlgnd

ortizlgnd New Member

I tried to restore to 1.11 but itunes will only allow me to restore with 1.12 version. So, i tried holding Shift key while checking for updates ( as another guide suggested). but it didnt work either. So, how can I get to 1.11?
  7. ortizlgnd

ortizlgnd New Member

Ne suggestions on where to get the 1.1.1 firmwear?
  8. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Don't double post... and OMG I already told you it's all in the forums...
    SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. Search for Firmware 1.1.1
  9. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

there is like 4 guides sticked...you didnt search if you cant even find the 1.1.1 firmware....search first bud