Jailbreak? Firmware Versions? I need help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cyanroot, Aug 12, 2008.

1. cyanroot

cyanroot New Member

Hello

Please Register or Log in to view images

i want to buy an iPod Touch (in Germany) but don't know anything about it. I am
    experienced in PSP (yeah, i had one some time ago

) and the Custom Firmwares. But the iPod Touch is a little bit different.

Could someone please answer me the risks of a jailbreak (except warranty) and what i must know before buying an iPod Touch? Is there anything to know about the iPods (in Germany) - what Firmwares they run, can i jailbreak them and such stuff

. I mean, do i have to look around for buying an older device or can i jailbreak the newest?

Thank you.
  2. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can jailbreak all ipod touch/iphone devices..... warranty...well if something goes wrong and you send them a jailbroken ipod/iphone, they'll say it's coz of the jailbreak and won't repair it, but if anything goes wrong, you can allways restore the ipod/iphone or at least put it in the DFU mode..... anyway it's safe.... (at least it was for me).... if you'll have any problems well you're in the correct place already......
  3. noobishipodkid3434

noobishipodkid3434 Banned

Welcome, cyanroot. =D

Risks of jailbreak right now? Not much. The worst you can get is to have to restore. In Germany, you get every firmware, every update we'd get in the US, you can jailbreak - and in every country. The only thing you won't get is some Apps in the App Store that other countries have. You can jailbreak any device - talking about iPod Touch, there is only 1 gen. of it so far

Forgot about warranty. Technically if anything goes wrong, restore before you send it out / take it to an Apple store. If it doesn't boot, and they get it working, ick. Or even better, just make sure it can't boot (break it, short circuit it). Chances are is that you can get a new iPod, for free.
  4. cyanroot

cyanroot New Member

Can you tell me how to jailbreak a new iPod Touch with Windows?

Thank you for your help.
  5. cyanroot

cyanroot New Member