iOS 3.1 Jailbreak/Firmware frustration

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jado777, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Jado777

Jado777 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, so i wanted to check out the new 3.0.1 up grade, just to see if anything cool was on the new firmware. And what do you know, it sucks. So. i think "lets downgrade back to 3.0 so its easier to jailbreak". Nope, not happening with itunes 9, and i cant downgrade the itunes either. So, i tried to jailbreak the 3.1 with the 3.0 firmware for my ipod touch 2g, thats impossible too. I know many people use this website to download their firmware. I remember i used it when i jailbroke my ipod on 3.0. So i go back to download the 3.0 for my ipod touch 2g, and it get an error everytime that looks something like this
    An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #50.8f4a1160.1252712081.4dfcbff

and i cant find it anywhere else, i did have the firmware at some point, but redsn0w o.8 kept hanging on waiting for reboot so i deleted it just in case it was corrupt or something, and my ipod wouldnt even fully turn back on. So i had to do a restore. Could someone just please direct me to a working download for the 3.0 firmware so i can jailbreak again? I miss my MX tube

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    While you shouldn't pirate firmware, to downgrade in iTunes 9, shift-click "Check for Updates" and point it to the 3.0 IPSW.
  3. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    check your bin for your old firmwares, if u havent emptied it, but dont pirate firmware, kk, and what made it suck, i hear its pretty good
  4. Indulgeo

Indulgeo Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i'd take that link down first. restore to the latest firmware, and wait for a jailbreak you can do, the programs are very straight forward in my opinion.
  5. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Take the link down.
  6. Jado777

Jado777 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im sorry! i did purchase the 3.0 update legally, i just had no idea how to get to it :/ im sorry, and the update did close to nothing. Really it was more of a patch for iphone users sms application. It really only had two new things, anti-phishing software (which really is kind of cool) and with the new itunes you can arrange applications on the computer, which is sort of cool, but i could already do that while i was on there. I do like itunes new interface though, i think its better.
  7. Indulgeo

Indulgeo Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well, any small upgrade is better than no upgrade.
  8. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think youre confusing the 3.0.1 firmware update with 3.1, and 3.11

3.0.1 - Simple firmware patch that fixed the SMS glitch.
    3.1 - Huge firmware release on September 9th.
    3.1.1 - Firmware patch for 3.1 containing some bug fixes.