Jailbreak Effecting My Ipods Battery

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vadimqwe, Oct 30, 2007.

1. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I feel like my battery has weakened since i jailvroke my ipod. I turn my ssh off and sometime wifi. But still i dont get the results that i want. any suggestions
  2. ttnl

ttnl New Member

Yeah, I noticed the same thing in my ipod. I have around 5-6 hours of music only at full charge. Can someone tell me how to turn off the SSH thing? Thanks a lot.
  3. zachmanz8

zachmanz8 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    bad batts

same deal, but why would turning off ssh change anything? Someone explain
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

SSH is constantly looking for a signal, which drains battery power. As for the first poster, I am not sure, I am jailbroken, but I never run my battery dead to see how long it lasts. I have gone to work, listened to about 6 hours of music, did some web surfing and email, and still had half the battery.
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Step 1) Install Services from the Installer
    Step 2) Open Services and turn SSH off.

Having your iPod always listening for an SSH connection does eat up batteries because SSH by its very nature uses WiFi (it is a wireless transfer protocol). Not turning it off is like, but not quite as severe as using Safari non stop.
  6. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have done that but still dont get the best results, at least not even close the apples numbers. Although i have the network turned off
  7. desolat3

desolat3 Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    wierd... i got more battery life after i jbed my ipod lol before i got a solid 8 hours of music running at half volume and after i jailbroke it i got around 10 hours running music at half volume... 0.o lol
  8. jalalo

jalalo New Member

Also you have more applications running so whenever you quit them you have to make sure to hold down the home button for a few seconds to fully quit the apps. Otherwise they keep running even though you can't tell and drain battery faster.
  9. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but isnt apple promising us about 20hr of music?†
  10. compygeek

compygeek New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seems alright on my end. I did notice that if you're always powering your iPoT on and off, instead of just placing it in it's sleep state, you'll drain more battery life. I had about 1/3 of battery power left when I shut it down. I turned it back on to do some more fiddling and it warned me I had 10% battery power remaining as soon as it booted up. However, after a while, it went back up to 1/3 power and the indicater was no longer in the red. I figured it was because the boot process sucks power.

SSH disabled when not in use also prolonged my battery life due to reasons stated earlier. I have not listened to music straight for 22 hours as apple reports it can do, however I did fall asleep with it playing on shuffle and when i woke up from my 12 hour "nap" the battery level was near the same as when I last saw it.