jailbreak disabled zoom function on safari browser!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JoshuaSupertramp, Aug 16, 2010.

1. JoshuaSupertramp

JoshuaSupertramp New Member

Hi all,

firstly, apologies if this has been answered somewhere else.

I re-jailbroke my ipod touch 2g the other day on the new ios4 firmware using redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and for some reason i now cant pinch to zoom in or out on my safari browser. The same applies for any web apps and i cant even tap to zoom on opera mini browser - has anyone else had this problem, and more importantly does anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
    Josh.
  2. Tatertay

Tatertay Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Seems to be a software issue, I advise you to restore to 4.0, NOT 4.0.1/2, but 4.0. Did you do a clean restore before you updated to 4.0? Or did you just update and not restore? My advice would be to restore to 4.0 and then re-jailbreak.
  3. JoshuaSupertramp

JoshuaSupertramp New Member

ive tried restoring then re-jailbreaking on 4.0/1/2 and no luck, and yep i did a clean restore.
    Forgive my ignorance (im not as techy as i'd like to be) but how is it possible to restore to 4.0 as oppose to 4.0.1/2 as when i restore my ipod touch itunes automatically puts 4.0.1/2 back onto it. And yes i think youre definitely right it will be a software issue as ive just noticed although ive got 4.0 (9A293) on my pc which is the software i pointed redsn0w in the direction of itunes has put 4.0.1/2 (8A400) on my device.

THANKS
  4. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, you can download the 4.0 software update from the internet and then in iTunes, hold Shift + Click the Restore button. A dialog box will appear and you just have to select the 4.0 IPSW file you downloaded. It will then restore to the previous firmware.

I would give you a link to it but I believe it's against the rules to post the downloads to firmware updates. A quick google search should do the job.
    However, that method doesn't work on 3rd and 4th generation devices so don't bother trying if you have a iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod touch 3G.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Just went back to the rules, we are allowed to post them as long as they are free updates, and 4.0 is a free update so here you go: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    There's a section for iOS 4, make sure you choose the correct model for your device!
  5. Roquen

Roquen New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Found a fix. Go into Cydia and uninstall "WebViewController". I don't know if there are any side effects though, plus there are no dependancies.
  6. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Okay iOS 4 might be free, but there are previous ones that costed money that are on that site, so you might want to remove the link.
  7. PwnerJohn

PwnerJohn Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)