Jailbreak, Could It Be A Virus

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aasimbeck, Dec 6, 2007.

1. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i was thinking last night and do you think that the jailbreak can package your itunes store login user and pass and send it to anyone?, i have my credit card number on my acct. but only because you needed it to register, i wanted itunes to automatically download cover art.
    any ideas on this?
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

the jailbreak is made by honest people such as the ppl here on the forums, it is not a virus
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Trust me, if a jailbreak was a virus, everybody would know about it. There are too many technically savvy people jailbreaking for something like this to happen.

Besides which, the people who make the jailbreaks are honest people just trying to help out.

P.S. 300 Posts!
  4. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

No matter how good people are, there will always be those bad ones that want to wreak havoc to others. But i doubt anyone will make a virus for the ipod touch, but still you can't be too ignorant. However if there were a virus, im pretty sure many people will download the virus b4 you even hear about it and by the time you do, it will be wildely known as a virus
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Even if the jailbreak itself is not a virus, the technique used to get into the iPod Touch could be used for security breaks. Obviously, it's kind of a concern I'd say...
  6. ben471

ben471 New Member

I doubt that is the case. If it was some sort of virus I would think we would've seen the effects by now.