Jailbreak connection problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by spikey_dude9, Jan 12, 2008.

1. spikey_dude9

spikey_dude9 New Member

i just got a ipod touch 16gb and have tried to jailbreak it. i could do everything changing versions from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 downloading the installer and the other application. i then updated my ipod using itunes to version 1.1.2. then when i run the java program i get an error message saying to connect the ipod and to restart the computer. what do i do to deal with this problem? sometimes the program runs through the message but when its done the installer program is not on the main menu.

Can any one help it will be a huge bonus. i will be very thankfull.
  2. djurre

djurre New Member

Uhm, first of all: Did you install OktoPrep on your iTouch?
    So you updated your iPod in itunes.. what i did: I clicked on the eject icon in iTunes and i started the jailbreak application... You'll also have to check the SSH option in the java thing... And click jailbreak..
  3. spikey_dude9

spikey_dude9 New Member

yeah i installed oktoprep on my ipod. i then updated the ipod via itunes. after that i ejected my ipod closed down itunes and any thing to do with ipod itunes apple. then run jailbreak with the SSH option clicked on. when that runs an error message appears, sometimes it runs through the message but the installer doesnt appear after its completed.
  4. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

What I would do is unjailbreak your iPod and jailbreak it again and make sure you do it step by step.. If that doesn't work I don't know what will..
  5. spikey_dude9

spikey_dude9 New Member

i have tried not cloing all the apple applications and it has got rid of the error message that come up and runs the application. when it is done though there is no installer icon on the ipod do i keep trying the jailbreak until it does appear?
  6. samuelps

samuelps New Member

I've got the same problem yesterday when i ran jailbreak, i followed all the steps, and i tried this on both of my two computers, same message appears, anyone can help? Thanks!!!
  7. bbrbhockeyfan

bbrbhockeyfan New Member

I had the same problem with a connection error and still haven't been able to solve it. I have tried restoring my ipod. I have tried on different computers. Same error!! Yes I followed all the steps - restore, downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, install oktoprep, upgrade to 1.1.2 and then use the jailbreak app. I can jailbreak 1.1.1 with no problems using jailbreakme.com, and install all the apps I wanted. So I have decided to stay with 1.1.1 until someone is able to help out with this one.
  8. broken_city

broken_city New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am also having this issue.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have searched these forums plenty with no fixes or replies.

I have searched other forums, websites and done countless restores and jailbreaks with the same outcome. This is obviously an issue. If someone could at least update us with some reply on what may be happening or what the fix it, it would at least give us some feedback.

This is a great resource and I love all the content within this site, but this particularly is becoming extremely frustrating.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks fellas and I will be continue to check back on this thread.

Cheers