Jailbreak Cloak - Tutorial and Video

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by markymarkdotcom, Jan 8, 2008.

1. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

Video of Result: LINKED HERE

Guide to cloaking third party apps:

1) Install Customize and Categories (sleepers.net/iphonerepo) from the installer.

2) Remove all prior skinning and modding to your iPod's appearance regarding the Springboard, Dock, Status Bar, Safari, YouTube, Calendar, Contacts, Clock, Calculator, Setting, Music, Videos, Photos and iTunes.

3) Open Categories:

FIRST! - Tap "Configuration" and ensure that "Allow Hide Apps" is set to 'OFF' (This will save your apps from dissappearing off the main springboard!)

Then in the main menu, create a category called "More" and choose any icon (it doesnt matter which you use)

4) Tap on the "More" category and then tap on "Add" at the top right.

5) Tap on every app excluding the native apps (Safari, YouTube, Calendar, Contacts, Clock, Calculator, Setting, Music, Videos, Photos and iTunes)

As they are added to the "More" list they will disappear off of the choice list.

WARNING: MAKE SURE TO TAP CUSTOMIZE FOR SURE!

6) Tap "Done: twice in the upper left and then the home button to return to the springboard. From here, Launch Customize.

7) Within customize, set your dock back to 4 icons, and hide all apps except for the native ones AND "More.app" (This is why it is very important to have customize inside of the More.app category as later you may want to use it again to unhide icons!)

NOTE: The original order for the native apps when you first buy an iPod Touch are as follows:

Springboard: Safari -> YouTube -> Calendar -> Contacts -> Clock -> Calculator -> Settings -> (PUT More.app HERE)

Dock: Music -> Videos -> Photos -> iTunes

8) Your Springboard should now appear normal aside from the "More" app sitting in the usually empty space. Here is how to hide it entirely:

SSH into your iPod and drop the "icon.png" from the zip I have attached into the directory "private/var/root/Library/Categories/More.app" (THIS WILL INVISIFY THE ICON YOU CHOSE FOR IT EARLIER!)

SSH into the iPod's Application folder (The one in the parent directory "/") and rename "More.app" to " .app" (THERE IS A SPACE BEFORE .app SO IN OTHERWORDS REPLACE "More" WITH " ")

9) Reboot your iPod and go play with it in public nerdy places and when some jackass tries to tell you you should jailbreak it, whip out your hidden apps and show his ass up!

Attached Files:

2. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice tutorial. Is that a case on your iPod? Where did you get it?
  3. TouchMe123

TouchMe123 New Member

Yeah where did you get the case, i like.
  4. markymarkdotcom

its a custom white paint job
  5. zeta920

zeta920 New Member

where's the invisible icon ?
    you have yet to upload it to the forum

nice tutorial,great ideal thinking haha

thz a lot
  6. markymarkdotcom

RIGHT! haha I just uploaded it.

Glad you like the idea. Let me know how it works for you!
  7. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

Wow that looks awesome, i like it clean like i just got it out of the box, i didnt realise you had to put a space infront of .app and just wrote .app and the app disapeard and sh*t myself for a while lol. But great tutorial.
  8. freshnewton7

freshnewton7 New Member

9. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

OMG! i friggin put in the native apps to! i thot it said including native apps!!! what do i do?????
  10. SteelFlex

SteelFlex Banned

Please Help Me!!!!

Is there anything other than to restore? Can i SSH it??? i have no idea what to do!

Will restoring get rid of all the 3rd party stuff and sources i have put in???