jailbreak broken with redsn0w

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by thunderlegs, Jul 13, 2009.

1. thunderlegs

thunderlegs New Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I have followed the tutorial in this long thread and also watched numerous tutorials on youtube and I think I have followed the right steps

I get stuck on step 11 after I click next after IPSW successfully identified....after clicking next it shuts everything down...even my itunes and everything disappears.....Any one been in this situation before?

Steps Taken
    1. Connect ipod into computer and started itunes 8.2
    2. double clicked redsn0w.exe
    3. Clicked on "browse"
    4. Select firmware iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore
    5. IPSW successfully identified is displayed
    6. Click Next
  2. Kid Chaos

Kid Chaos New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    You probably didn't mean to start a new thread here, but this defenitely should have been on another thread. Anyway...

Between steps 1 & 2 did you do a restore before you tried to JB using the OS 3.0 software, or were you still running a 2.x version.

To do this, hold down shift and click restore in iTunes. It will ask you for a location of the ipsw you want to use. Once located a restore will occur wiping your iPod of all previous info.
    After this step you can continue with redsn0w.
    After jailbreak is completed is when you should then turn iTunes back on to backup all of your previous info.

If you continue to have problems check out this tutorial:

It is what I used to jailbreak my iPod and I found it very detailed and easy to follow.