iOS 3.1 Jailbreak begginer. Please Help!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ninobehar, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ninobehar

ninobehar New Member

Hi guys!

Can anyone give me a light here?

I have a question. For the Ipod Touch 2G (8, 16, 32gb) is possible to jailbreak on the firmware 3.1.1 or 3.1.2 right? Does have any problem with the reboot? Does it need to be pre-jailbroken?

My sister owns an Ipod 2.2.1, should I first update it to 3.1.2 then jailbreak it for her? For the update from the 2.2.1 to the 3.1.2 firmware, can I download the 3.1.2 firmware from [redacted] or I need to do it via Apple and pay the 4,95?
    After I restore the Ipod to the 3.1.2 version I will lose all the data of the Ipod? Is there anyway to backup the songs and contacts?

For the Ipod Touch 3G (8, 32 and 64gb) how does the jailbreak work? What is the diference between the 2G? How does this reebot problem works? I´ve never done it before, what it looks like? Can someone explain it to me?

I have never jailbroken any ipod, and I want to buy a jailbreakeble for me, so I realy dont know what to do.

What is the best Ipod for me to buy right now with the jailbreak options? The 32gb 2g touch or the 64gb 3g touch?

Thank you all for the help!
  2. Santro

Santro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm having trouble rebooting after I get the image, I have a 2g 3.1.2 at the moment.
  3. ninobehar

ninobehar New Member

Please anyone?
  4. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have done 3.1.2 on a 2nd gen 32gb using blackra1n. Works fine. Had no troubles at all. Apparently though, mileage may vary...

I will not answer the first one as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to without repercussion.
    If you restore to whatever firmware, yes it will wipe it as a new iPod.
    What you can do is go into the Info panel and have your iPod contacts, notes, etc, be copied onto your computer so that you can resync it after JB.
    Songs should be backed up and kept in iTunes anyways.

I've been hearing that the 3rd gen 8gb has issues, but the other two seem to be doing fine through blackra1n.
    I can't explain the issues as I haven't had it, don't own a 3rd gen, but I'm sure all those that tried can be found on the forum here...

You should not have to buy or pay to jailbreak, as the tools necessary for it are free.
    Both iPods that you have just listed are, as I said earlier, working fine for most people.

Hope this helps.
  5. ninobehar

ninobehar New Member

Hi!

About my last question, I think I didnt express myself right.

I know the jailbreak is free of charge. I want to know witch one is the best Ipod Touch to buy right now with the Jailbreak options of today. The 2G 32gb unthethed or the 3G 32 or 64gb thetherd jailbreak.

My sister owns a 2g 16gb not jailbreaked yet (she is afraid of me doing it

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and im buying my next week or so.

In your opinion guys, witch one should I buy? 2g 32gb or 3g 64gb? Im new in this Jailbreak buisness

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. prasys

prasys New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    All you have to do is just plug , hit let it ra1n and bam

If you're totally new to whole jailbreaking and you want a tested solution , then go for 2g 32gb. But you'll have to pay for firmware 3.0 , whereas for 3g 64gb you can get it pawned but then its kinda cumbersome. Suppose if your iPod hangs , you'll have to connect it to PC and use blackra1n again. Same goes for if you plan to restart your iPod. Thats up to you , if you're always near your PC . Then I would say 3g 64gb would do
  7. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

id say doesn't really matter,
    all depends on how much space you need and how much patience you have. I don't doubt that ipt3 will be tethered for long. It is after all tethered jailbroken so untethered can't be that long away. But don't take my word for it. You after all make the final call
  8. ninobehar

ninobehar New Member

About using blackra1n every time I reboot my device, will I lose all my apps, music and data every time?
    If I keep the Ipod in the sleep mode always is ok? Charging batteries count as restarting or not?
    I can always unjailbreak my Ipod right?

Thank you!
  9. prasys

prasys New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Will you lose your apps and data - nope not at all

If its standby , no problem. and no not charging batteries

Well you can always go back to Apple's stock firmware
  10. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Since the other questions got handled by Prasys, just wanted to add in one small thing. Sleep mode is what you're going to end up doing the most as having to load the iPod when its fully powered down is agonizingly long.
    I personally do not restart my iPod unless something installed from Cydia requires it, which is rare.