Jailbreak attempt: iPod Touch 3G won't upgrade to 3.1.3!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeusEx, Jun 26, 2010.

1. DeusEx

DeusEx New Member

Hi,

I have a brand-new 32GB iPod Touch 3rd Gen, and have been trying to jailbreak it with Spirit - however it came with 3.1.1 firmware, and Spirit only works with 3.1.2/3.1.3. I tried downloading both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, and manually installing them with the hold-shift update in iTunes, but each time "this device isn't eligible for the requested build" message comes up. I'm at a loss what to do - looking for some assistance, thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ^Just tried restoring it point-blank, I get the same "this device isn't eligible for the requested build" message. Anyone know what's going on?? Running iTunes v9.1.0.79
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anyone have any advice?
  2. ironmaiden96

ironmaiden96 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iTunes want you to install 4.0?? Maybe... Just go itunes press upgrade and if you get 4.0 search google on how to downgrade if u want jailbreak. Or just wait some weeks for the new Linera1n from geohot to jailbreak 4.0 anydevice untethered!
  3. DeusEx

DeusEx New Member

^What? "just go itunes press upgrade..." What do you mean? Upgrade to 9.2?
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Apple has stopped signing 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 firmwares so you can't restore to them without having SHSH blobs from those firmwares backed up.

You're in an unfortunate position of never having the chance to back them up, you can only upgrade to 4.0.
  5. DeusEx

DeusEx New Member

What are SHSH blobs?
  6. KISSArmyMax

KISSArmyMax Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

SHSH blobs are these things you save on an old firmware currently installed, so when Apple stops signing the firmware (meaning you can't restore to that firmware anymore) you can still restore to that firmware using the specific firmware blobs you saved, specifically for your iPod/iPhone. So lets say i was on 3.1.3, and about to upgrade to 4.0, i would save my SHSH blobs on 3.1.3, so that if i want to downgrade back to 3.1.3, i can. Even if Apple stops signing that firmware.