iPhone 3GS Jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS with OS 3.1.3 using sn0wbreeze v1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bendji, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Bendji

Bendji New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The ih8sn0w team has released an update to sn0wbreeze, version 1.3, which supports jailbreaking and hacktivation for iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS (old bootrom models). Keep in mind that sn0wbreeze v1.3 does not support iPod Touch yet.
    Source & instructions: click here
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Stick to redsn0w or blackra1n would be my advice. Still, new jailbreak tools can often work for those who are having problems with other methods so the more the merrier.
  3. Bendji

Bendji New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You're right, but Sn0wbreeze says it even jailbreaks and unlocks the 3Gs.
  4. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    and so does Blackra1n (on old bootrom 3GS models). No one has hacked the new bootrom so sn0wbreeze is just repacking Dev-Team and GeoHot's jailbreaks into their own GUI (and probably without permission). If you like it use it but I personally wouldn't touch their stuff with yours.
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    on ih8sn0w's website it says it supports iPod touch 1 and 2g. but when i try to restore it in DFU AND recovery (tried both) it says the iPod "iPod" could not be restored. WHY???
  6. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Simple. It's sh!t. Stick to tools made by experienced hackers (i.e. the iPhone Dev-Team, Chronic-Dev or GeoHot) and not GUIs of other people's jailbreaks repackaged by monkeys.
  7. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wrong (or so I heard). It has been done, but won't be released till the new iPhone comes out (so there won't be any hassle to jailbreak the new one assuming it will work on it).
  8. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You would be talking about greenposi0n. There's no evidence been put forward so far that they have indeed found a hole in the new bootrom. We all hope they have and they are indeed saving it but it's pure speculation at this point
  9. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You're probably right. Like I said, I just remember hearing about it. Never looked into it. As you said, let's hope they do have it as I'd upgrade my 3G in a heartbeat (if I have the money by then) when it comes out.
    As much as I love my iPhone and can't live without it (call me crazy, but it's true), I'm considering getting a Nexus One or something. Let's hope the 4G changes my mind as I won't do anything till it's out.
  10. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Talk is that the 4G ,Phone will be another quantum leap... though I'm not so sure myself and I'm sure the hype will outdo whatever Apple come up with, leading to some disappointment.