Jailbreak and Software update Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ChristmasRights, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ChristmasRights

ChristmasRights New Member

Heres what happened!!

I used the jailbreak for 1.1.3, and it worked stunningly well. What it does is leave the installer there as well as all your applications. Unfortunately you can't see any of your apps. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling one of the icons, and that seemed to work.

I then went to the iTunes Music Store and purchased the January Software Update. This was all good and was working properly. I then went to the installer and began uninstalling all the hidden apps. I had the 1.1.2 iPhone apps on my Touch and i uninstalled the maps application. This somehow lead to the 1.1.3 Maps app not working. I re-installed the 1.1.2 maps app, and it began launching, but then froze and crashed (it launched the 1.1.2 version of maps, i can tell from the icons at the bottom). So i restored my ipod thinking i blew £13.

This restored it and restored all the apps and the jiggling. I then downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke that and updated to 1.1.3 as a jailbreaked version. Thats what I have now.

Unfortunately, I dont have any of my new purchased apps, and I can't find the option to buy them again. Does anyone know how I can avoid re-purchasing or get the buy option back??

Thanks all

(16GB iPod Touch (Jailbroken 1.1.3), Macbook Core2Duo running Leopard and XP, Leopard used to sync iPod so anyone with a windows method that would work would also be a great help, as long as i can get it back syncing with OSX)
  2. CarlosTheTackle

CarlosTheTackle New Member

Yeah, I did something similar, and I don't have the new apps again either. Would really like them back!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ChristmasRights

How the problem's progressing

What now happens is the ipod tries to sync the applications but i keep getting the infamous error message 0xE8000001. I've tried force quitting the itunes helper, restarting about everything, authorizing another computer (a windows machine), turning every checkable box on and off and NOTHING!!

Still the same error message

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. alpro

alpro New Member

hello,
    did you manage to solve that problem? Because Im getting the same error message since days. uninstalling itunes and going back to XP from Vista did unfortunately not help.
  5. ChristmasRights

Hey guys,

For me, the problem seemed to just go away by itself. I jailbroke the iPod again and the apps synced like normal. Since then, I have done restores and jailbreaks another 5 times and have had no issues.

If you still have problems, the iPod touch master repo has the 1.1.4 iPhone apps and all the jiggliness, so there's no need to pay.