Jailbreak 3g Ipod Touch 32gb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dukeidude, Apr 13, 2010.

1. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Sorry if this has been asked multiple times but I am very confused. I think my ipod is 3.1.2 firmware but I am not sure. If it is, then does blackra1n work on it? This link led me to think so: http://www.ithinkdiff.com/jailbreak-ipod-touch-os-3-1-2-with-blackra1n/

But if my ipod is on 3.1.3 then I know it is not jailbreakable yet. Thanks for any clarifications, just got this ipod on easter and Im still using my old one until I can figure this all out

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Matt140

Matt140 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To find out which firmware your on, go to Settings -> General -> About and the 'Version' property will tell you what your version is

If your on 3.1.2 you can jailbreak with blackra1n, if not then you'll have to wait until the new jailbreak's are released

3. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Go to Settings --> General --> About. It should tell you what firmware you are on.
    Yes, Blackra1n will jailbreak your iPod on 3.1.2, and so will redsn0w. Redsn02 is slightly more stable, and it installs Cydia for you.

Note, that it will be tethered. So if you turn it off, or run out of battery, you will have to re-jailbreak it. If you're using blackra1n, just click the button and you're done. If redsn0w, follow the steps.

http://blackra1n.com/
    http://redsn0w.com/

EDIT: Half Ninja'd.
  4. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    sweet thanks a lot guys. so if it ever runs out of battery i have to re-jailbreak? that seems annoying.... but i looked up and saw that blackrain has its own icon that i can just press whenever its back on/charged. isnt that a lot quicker/easier? thanks again!
  5. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    It doesn't work like that. If you run out of power/turn it off, when you turn it back on it prompts you to connect to iTunes. You then have to re-jailbreak. The blackra1n icon is just to install Cydia. Delete it after you install Cydia. And don't install Rock/Icy, they are terrible.

I've only ever had to Re-Jailbreak, and that was after Cydia prompted me to reboot after I downloaded something.
    I've never run out of battery.
  6. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    cool cool. well thanks a ton. I'll make sure to not run out of battery, i rarely ever do. An i hope the battery life is a little more than my super old 1g ahah
  7. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Mmm, since your 1g is old, the battery life is a lot less then new. But if it was new, compared to a new 3g, it actually has more.
    Also, turn your brightness down to about half. You can't notice the difference, and you save more battery.
  8. nojbonmyip:(

nojbonmyip:( New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If u got in on easter its diff a 3.1.3 fw so u cant well u can bt i recommend u wait 4 geohot untethered blackra1n 2 come out...
  9. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    What else is he supposed to do if he has 3.1.3 nojbonymyip

10. dukeidude

dukeidude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    well blackra1n worked the first time, but I didnt have wifi so I couldnt download Cydia or other download source. Now when I try and run blackra1n again, it gives me an error saying the .asll file or something isnt there. I also cant find a clean .ipsw file for redsnow. All teh ones I have downloaded are all .zip files with many files in them. So I have to rename the .zip file right? Well, when I rename the .zip file on my computer, redsnow doesnt recognize it when I browse for the .ipsw file. helpppp