jailbreak 2g or 3g touch? plus other questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Twan013, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

Hey guys, I've been patiently waiting for the new iPod Touch to come out, because I want the camera.. I wasn't planning on jailbreaking at all, but have since changed my mind. Here's where my problems/questions are..

1: other than "here's why you should jailbreak/what to do with a JB'd phone/ipod touch", I know nothing about it. I get confused with 1.1.1, 1.1.2, iPhone OS 2.0 or 3.0 not JB-able, upgrade downgrade, cydia, icy, installer, redsnow, yellowsnow, blah blah... I have hacked my PSP and LG Vu, with no problems whatsoever, but they pretty much had only one way to hack them...

2: The App store has an app that I absolutely need and/or want. and I'm not sure if I can find the same app/something similar using Cydia, so if I JB, can I still download from the app store, or is that thrown out the window?

3: Should I go ahead and get a 2g and deal without a camera, or get the 3g and wait for the dev team(s) to make the right package (what terminology do I use here?)

Number 2 is pretty much the only one that will "make or break" the deal ... I really want the NES/GB emulators/roms, etc.. but if I can't get the app that I need, then there's no sense in it. I don't mind paying for my music and apps in iTunes, and I don't HAVE to have a customizable background and all that stuff... I'll probably eventually jailbreak anyway, just because I'll end up getting bored with what's originally there...
  2. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    2. yes you can still buy from the appstore.