jailbreak 2g or 3g touch? plus other questions

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Twan013, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Hey guys, I've been patiently waiting for the new iPod Touch to come out, because I want the camera.. I wasn't planning on jailbreaking at all, but have since changed my mind. Here's where my problems/questions are..

1: other than "here's why you should jailbreak/what to do with a JB'd phone/ipod touch", I know nothing about it. I get confused with 1.1.1, 1.1.2, iPhone OS 2.0 or 3.0 not JB-able, upgrade downgrade, cydia, icy, installer, redsnow, yellowsnow, blah blah... I have hacked my PSP and LG Vu, with no problems whatsoever, but they pretty much had only one way to hack them...

2: The App store has an app that I absolutely need and/or want. and I'm not sure if I can find the same app/something similar using Cydia, so if I JB, can I still download from the app store, or is that thrown out the window?

3: Should I go ahead and get a 2g and deal without a camera, or get the 3g and wait for the dev team(s) to make the right package (what terminology do I use here?)

Number 2 is pretty much the only one that will "make or break" the deal ... I really want the NES/GB emulators/roms, etc.. but if I can't get the app that I need, then there's no sense in it. I don't mind paying for my music and apps in iTunes, and I don't HAVE to have a customizable background and all that stuff... I'll probably eventually jailbreak anyway, just because I'll end up getting bored with what's originally there...
  2. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Apr 25, 2009
    2. yes you can still buy from the appstore.