Jailbreak 2g idea

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Da0ne, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Da0ne

Da0ne New Member

I might have a way to jailbreak the iPod touch 2g through official apps. When I was a bit younger I use to mod xboxes through an exploit in a game making it load custom app from memory card when I went to load game. Anyways since iPod uses .Api files instead of copy protected discs someone with some modding and coding knowlege can use an official app and make say one off the menu buttons in the app to load custom files like cydia and installer. I have succecfully edited a few games that loaded on iTunes and copied into my iPod touch with no problem but I cannot do to much without messing with the singeture but it should be a simple mod for someone who normally does these kind of things . Anyways sorry for the breif explanation still getting use to typing on my iPod touch
  2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm not sure if it's going to work through iTunes but it's worth a shot no?
  3. KingofMagic

KingofMagic New Member

It's highly unlikely. . .and where do you get the Cydia and installer from?...
  4. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

I think I read something about how the iPod would basically wipe any new code that appeared, such as Installer or Cydia if you tried to install those, if it failed some kind of signature check.
    Something along those lines anyway, but perhaps if rather than installing the apps, it ran them from within the modded app... A long way round but yeah.
  5. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Wont work.

Explaination. A signature is basically a encrypted hash (A hash is a checksum, if you change a SINGLE BIT in the code the result will be totaly different). And all the apps are limited and needs to be checked by Apple first.
  6. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

I want to know why someone just can't make an app like Winterboard with the SDK and make it work on the 2G , then just give it to us , so we can sync it and have Winterboard.
    Is it because of the sandboxes ?
  7. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But remember, that if an iPod is non-jailbroken, we won't have access to the files on the device so installing themes would be impossible.
  8. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So if an ipod is unjailbroken...applications can't use other system files? (for use for things like winterboard)
  9. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe so.
    I could be wrong though.
  10. MarcoPwnZ

MarcoPwnZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Isnt the problem in the ipod touch is that now it checks signatures so if u have another app thats not from apple it wont work? isnt that why chronic is looking for an exploit around there?