Jailbreak 2G 2.2.1 - redsn0w

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PoisonSerpent, Oct 9, 2009.

1. PoisonSerpent

PoisonSerpent New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello all,

I am a complete nub for what I did in the next paragraph. Here's what happened.

I went to my friends house. I'm too much of a chicken to jailbreak my iTouch on my own computer, so I did it at his. I downloaded redsn0w (not sure what version it was) and ran it. Jailbroke my iPod perfectly. I went to connect to his wifi (didn't try connecting before I jailbroke it) and it connected. I went to Cydia, and it gave me errors saying "No Internet Connection." Being the person I am, I panicked. I tried Safari, didn't work. I looked at his iTouch that's jailbroke, and his internet/Cydia worked. So I restored my iPod (really stupid of me), and the internet still didn't work. I thought, for some messed up reason, that my WiFi chip was busted (I dropped my iTouch earlier that day, but it had a case on, but still, I thought it broke). So I went home, and the internet worked fine. I kicked myself in the a** for restoring it. I realized I didn't bring the folder with the right version of redsn0w in it. So here I am.

With redsn0w, there is a whole lot of different versions, I know. I have heard 0.1 works, 0.3 works, and a few other ones work too. Now, which one do I use? And where can I get it? I have an iTouch 2G with F/W 2.2.1 (just in case you can't read the model section of this post) on it. I do not want to upgrade to 3.0 (too much of a hassle). I'm running Windows XP SP3 here, and he (my friend) is running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit (what's up with Vista having such a long name?). I will probably jailbreak it at his house, so I would need one that works with his specs. I think he deleted the folder, so I don't have the same one that worked before. I am really paranoid when it comes to hacking/jailbreaking, so forgive my n00bishness and paranoid-ness.

Wow this is a long post. Thanks to all who reply.

PoisonSerpent
    iPod touch 2G - 2.2.1 - UnJailbroken
  2. PoisonSerpent

PoisonSerpent New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Never mind. Found it on my own.

PoisonSerpent
    iPod touch 2G - 2.2.1 - Jailbroken
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    uhh...simplest way to jailbreak?

1.upgrade to fw 3.1.2

2.make it ra1n.

easiest jailbreak.
  4. Aznkd4ever

Aznkd4ever New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    does blackra1n work with ipod touch 2g?
  5. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

Yeah for 3.1.2
  6. PoisonSerpent

PoisonSerpent New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would update to 3.1.2, but i'm too cheap to pay for it.
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    you dont have to pay for it. just click restore in itunes and when its done restoring you'll have 3.1.2 and then just jailbreak it using blackra1n.