Jailbreak 2.2 Big Problem.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by nathanielnderson, Mar 23, 2009.

1. nathanielnderson

nathanielnderson New Member

Okay so the other day I saw they had the new and improved jailbreak for the second gen. So I went to a sight and followed the instructions. Those being on this page, not I do not use this for a link to get a ******* simply for the tutorial below http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1835502/1550444. So once I hit the runme file my ipod goes white (normal i suppose) then I go into iTunes (latest version) and hit the restore thing yatta yatta and selected the JB one and load it on to my iPod.... My iPod no longer starts nor is it recognized by Windows.....First one to get the answer to this gets a cookie :].
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    DFU mode
  3. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    lol

Nathan, this is common. As jpg said. You need to put it into DFU mode.

Hold the home and power buttons for 8 to 10 seconds. then, let go of just the power button. COntinue holding home for 7-8 seconds more. let go. The screen will be black.

iTunes should tell you that u are in recovery mode. Hold Shift and click the restore button. Pick the original 2.2.1 firmware and restore.

once complete. use a tutorial HERE.
  4. bigjimmy

bigjimmy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ya they're right use manual dfu mode with cmd.exe and iRecovery

i have a quick question? why did you post a link to a *******ed-copyrighted apple software and not get banned

If i'm mistaken about my interperetation of the rules PLEASE correct me. just about every other forum i'm on, the guy is banned before anyone can even comment!
  5. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

DFU should work.