Jailbreak 1.1.4 or just wait for 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by cairopete, Jun 18, 2008.

1. cairopete

cairopete New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm a new ipod touch 32 gb owner. I am really looking forward to installing 3rd party apps. But since SDK and Firmware 2.0 will be coming out soon, is it worth jailbreaking now or just waiting around?

I'm new at this, so I think i'd rather wait. I guess i just need to know if all those awesome apps out there can still be installed after the 2.0 firmware comes out? and will it cost me lots of money or what? it seems free right now?

any thoughts would help.
  2. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

firmware 2.0 will cost money, but u cant use 1..14 apps on them. but it will have like super nokey ball and other great apps.

1.1.4 jailbreak= free great apps, but cant compare quality to the 2.0 app store apps.

its your choice
  3. cairopete

cairopete New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what will happen in the future? will most of the 1.14 apps be re-written for 2.0.... and will those be available in the sources community; or will all future 2.0 apps have to be paid and bought through apple?
  4. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ultimatly most apps from installer will be put into appstore. I say you wait. Jailbreak isn't cracked up to what people make it to be; and the jailbreak community is too large already. You've got less than month until 2.0 comes out. Be patient.
  5. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

i would jailbreak 1.1.4 for now i mean whats the diff.? jailbreak add some apps then when 2.0 comes out (i recommed restoring to a fresh 1.1.4 first) update to it and install some official apps. super monkey ball!
  6. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

dont wait. i cant live without a jailbroken ipod
  7. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

Jailbreak it dude!!! You don't wanna wait for 2.0
  8. cairopete

cairopete New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, here's the thing. if i jailbreak 1.1.4 now and then add some favorite apps, after a month when i upgrade to 2.0, i'll have essentially lost my favorite 1.1.4 apps which i got so used to. i feel like it might be a bummer to upgrade to 2.0 and then suddenly have lost my 1.1.4 jailbroken apps which i might have gotten to depend on. i guess i can wait to upgrade until most of those favorite apps are available through the app store.

any other comments on that?
  9. cairopete

cairopete New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    one question. what are you all planning to do once sdk and 2.0 comes out? you gonna just restore and upgrade and lose all your apps and start over?
  10. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

The 2.0 firmware is suppose to cost over $10 and 70% of the apps in the appstore is free. I would stick with 1.1.4 until 2.0 comes out.