Jailbreak 1.1.3 sucks!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by bizty, Jan 25, 2008.

1. bizty

bizty New Member

Hi. I have tried to jailbreak my iPod Touch and it went just fine. But but but. The jailbreak is NOT meant to work on iPod Touch and because of that it sucks. I live in Denmark and want to change the language to Danish, but it will not work. The only languages who work is the ones supported on the iPhone. This problem can't be fixed by editing some .plist or something. We have to figure out how to jailbreak where we are using the iPod Touch 1.1.3 firmware. The method is unuseable in my eyes. Also if you go to the "Applications" folder, you will see phone.app and sms.app. Useless programs. I know you just can delete it, but I can image how much space all the iPhone stuff is taking.

I'm going back to 1.1.2. In my eyes the ipod touch 1.1.3 hasn't been jailbroken yet!
  2. digdug

digdug New Member

I agree. I imagine crashes are going to happen all over.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I agree, this is a horrible and sloppy jailbreak. That's becasue it's not from the Dev Team. And note how this is the first JailBreak where everybody is NOT running out to get it.

Also, it's not even a JailBreak. It's not even CLOSE to being a JailBreak.
  4. soupdude551

soupdude551 New Member

im gonna hold off on updating untill the "offical" release fo 1.1.3 plus there are like no apps that work on it. its really gay
  5. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What is the difference between a soft jailbreak and a full firmware jailbreak?
  6. Abstract

Abstract New Member

U guys gotta read the fine lines....it clearly says iPhone 1.1.3 jailbreak. I know iPod Touch n iPhone is bascially the same thing...but the jailbreak that came out has the iPhone more in mind. I'm sure you guys could make it work...others have!
  7. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Sorry to post this on 2 threads, but Skylar - maybe you could make a sticky with THIS INFO IN - http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29543&page=4

Read from post 33, there is hope of an official iPod touch JB with a couple days. Confirmed in that thread.
  8. skorch

skorch New Member

I've got a touch and applied the 1.1.3 ibrick jealbreak. Moving the icons around dont work for me. The mail, maps, iphone apps dont work either. Anyone else have this problem?
  9. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

If I'm not mistaken the ipod touch firmware has almsto every file the iphone firmware has, only modified here and there so the firmware runs properly on the touch, so basically it still takes the same amount of space.
  10. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it is a jailbreak wast u mean but it wasnt soppose to be released till sdk it would have been a reawl jaibreak
    its called to me a beta jailbreak or raw jailbreak
    but mostly jailbreak for beta users