Jailbreak 1.1.3 For Dummies

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Steve Grenier, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Steve Grenier

Steve Grenier New Member

Now I know a lot of you will click this and wish I hadn't just ask someone else to explain it, but have patience hopefully someone will help us simple minded individuals.

I've been reading the forum for awhile and I'm not very sure where to begin, I believe I need to downgrade to 1.1.1 before I can jailbreak my 1.1.2 but I don't even know that for sure. Can anyone point me (and others) in the direction of a easy to understand method to do so.

Also am I supposed to use the iPhone firmware or the iPod because I've been reading mixed messages on that as well.

Anyone care to help out an anxious and confused iPod fan

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

My advice : the dev team should be releasing an ipod touch friendly version of the 1.1.3 JB today or tomorrow, I would wait for that.

From what I have heard though, you can do the iphone JB on a touch from 1.1.1 OR 1.1.2
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

4. karpodiem

karpodiem New Member

Yes, this is what I've been telling people; WAIT for a jailbreak solution that is tailored for the iPod touch.
  5. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Please just wait for an official JB for the iPod Touch.. This is fake JBing.. Thats why its called a "Soft Upgrade JB" because its not a true firmware JB.. Just wait it out till' the SDK is released and they release the iPod Touch JB.. Theres no need to be impatient we still have 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 JB.. I don't know why people always think something new will be better..

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

You changed your tune man - your post earlier, I thought you were gonna go for it!!
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I think people want the easy app rearranging. That's the only thing that I would want.
  8. pared

pared New Member

Oh man, I LOVED your Windowblinds skin man... that was gorgeous. Used it for a long time.
  9. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hmmm can anyone tell me that when i install the software upgrade package in installer after i brickr i get the error message and then the loading circle comes up on my home screen and it is still spinning
  10. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    wait... its restarting now! OMG IT WORKED!!!!!