Jailbreak 1.1.3 and back...... Itunes Januar Upgrade gone! ...need Help please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Bonewire, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Bonewire

Bonewire New Member

Hi Guys

This is my first Post and since I watch this forum for quite a while the first thing I would like to say is: Thank you everybody for this great place to get help for nearly everything relating Ipod Touch and thanks to all those hard working teams bringing us those great Jailbreaks and nice programs. Unbelievable how much work this must be for you and still you can find people in the forum that say:" When is the f****** Jailbreak done? I need it so hurry up!" To those guys I can only say: Do it by yourself and leave this forum. All those Teams do it for free and need respect for their hard work.

To my Problem.

I had a fully functional 1.1.3 (NO Jailbreak) Ipod Touch and bought the software Upgrade from Itunes to have the wiggle feature, webclips and the mail Program.
    Then I decided to do the Jailbreak (went all the way down to 1.1.1 and form itunes 7.6 to 7.5 and ended with a jailbroken Ipod Touch with firmware 1.1.3. Mail was the only thing that did not work and I couldn´t find a way to make it work (after trying all mail fix programs and all help from the forum) and I ended up in a never ending spinning wheel and an Ipod Touch in recovery mode. I decided to get back to my official 1.1.3. with my software upgrade and recovered everything except the January Upgrade. All Icons are there and even all webclips are there but the mail program, weather, notes, stocks and the wiggeling and customize feature are gone. The places where the Icons have been are clear spaces between the other icons (itunes, youtube, settings a.s.o).

I couldn´t even find the software upgrade in Itunes on my windows PC and I wasn´t able to buy them again (i tried it, just to see if Itunes recognizes that I already bought it) but no luck. The software isn´t there.

But when I Iog into Itunes I see that Itunes says I bought it on January 23.

I can´t find it anywhere and would like to know how I could get my software back (without jailbreaking again).

My Itunes Software is now 7.6 again but still no luck.

Thanks to everybody for helping me.

Cheers
    Bonewire
  2. Bonewire

Bonewire New Member

...does anybody have just a small suggestion how I can get the software back into itunes? Itunes knows that I bought it, why does it not load it then when its not there?

By the way: Where is the software upgrade located in itunes after the buy?

cheers
    Bonewire
  3. ./^\.ACE./^\.

./^\.ACE./^\. Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well here is what happened to you...
    You had the apps in iTunes 7.6 and then replaced it with iTunes 7.5...
    When you went back to iTunes 7.6 it was refreshed in the downloads area of iTunes...
    So if you didn't make a backup of that 1.1.3 app file then you need to buy it again...
    Or just do the Dev team JB, the mail works fine in it...
    Sorry but that really seams to be the only options I can think of...
  4. Bonewire

Bonewire New Member

ok....thank you ace.
    I´m trying to contact apple right now to ask, what they can do. (Of course not telling that I tried a jailbreak before!

Please Register or Log in to view images