Jailbreak 1.1.2 with iTunes 7.6

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ilikemonkeys, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

Well I've spent an hour searching and can't find anything to my satisfaction. I'm trying to jailbreak 1.1.2 using iTunes 7.6. I'm currently on 1.1.1 and also have iNdependence. And of course on a Mac.
  2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Uninstall 7.6 and download 7.5 and install that one. Should work.
  3. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

this would be a great answer....if it pertained to his question. I believe he wants to JB with iT00nz 7.6. There is no way to do this, so you MUST downgrde to 7.5. I'm sure you can find the old version somewhere.
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you CAN do it with 7.6 theres lots of posts on here about it, and ive done it personally on a mac

you need to restore down to 1.1.1 and do the usual, jailbreakme.com, oktoprep, update to 1.1.2, jailbreak.jar.

at the end you might get stuck on the restore screen, but the lateest beta version of iNdependence will boot it out of that.

edited, jsut read again that you are already on 1.1.1. so if thats Jbd you should just be able to do the oktoprep, option+update to 1.1.2 and jailbreak.jar. i think you need to make sure you have the BSDsubsystem and SSH installed

edted again. when i said i done it, mine was from a 1.1.3 down to 1.1.1 and back to 1.1.2. but im guessing its no different. and if you have problems you could do an itunes restore to 1.1.3 and then go through it
  5. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

Well... Ummm... So I spent my entire day, trying to find a way to do this. I decided "Hey, what the hell. I should maybe just give it a try". So I did and it works! I wasted an entire day when I should have tried it in the first place. Oh well, thanks for your help.
  6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    LOL, yeah sometims just trying is the best way. can be a bit daunting though. i guess once you realise that you cant really Brick the ipod it gets less scary
  7. lordemil

lordemil Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    jailbreaking in itunes 7.6 is possible, i myself, have done it many times now