Jailbreak 1.1.2 question, need someone to point me in the right direction

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by birdyman18, Dec 21, 2007.

1. birdyman18

birdyman18 New Member

How safe is it to jailbreak it and not have any problems? I found two sets of directions online to jailbreak it on my mac and both of them are the same. I'm just a little hesitant to break my new iPod. What do you guys think?
  2. birdyman18

birdyman18 New Member

Also is putting it into restore mode necessary to jailbreak the 1.1.2 iPod touch? I see the restore button and I can hit alt option on my mac to bring up the screen where I get to select the file to downgrade it. Any help?
  3. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

restoring isn't nessccery for jailbreaking it, but it might be later if u mess up during the jailbreak process or with some other problem after the jalibreak.

I was also hesitating at first when i got my ipod touch, but it would be good if u got use to the device first, then jailbreak it after. Jailbreaking it worth it, and it makes the ipod alot better. And if u mess up or something there is always that restore button.
  4. montreealman

montreealman New Member

happy holydays everone

go to you tube ,search for ipodtouchmaster, he has devoted a huge part of his life ,helping us lazy people.
    Thanks again and happy holydays ipodtouchmaster..
  5. birdyman18

birdyman18 New Member

Well what he does and what everyone else does is different when downgrading. I already have the iPod but in the ipodtouchmaster video he shift clicks on check for updates but other people say shift restore. So thats what confuses me and I have a Mac so its alt option restore but ipodtouchmaster did check for updates so I'm confused.....