Jailbreak 1.1.2 Installer.app problem!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by humbert, Nov 12, 2007.

1. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everyone, so I've searched and searched and haven't really found much to help me with this, but it's getting pretty annoying cause I can't figure it out.

Basically I used the oktoprep method to jailbreak my ipod in 1.1.2, from a restored 1.1.1 touch. It worked fine until I tried to install my apps. First it got stuck checking sources, and then once I finally got into the installer, bsd subsystems and summerboard were missing, and so I couldn't install several apps that rely on bsd subsystems, and on top of that I couldn't scroll the springboard to see all the ones that I could install because of the missing summerboard.

After I discovered this sad fact, I searched a lot to try and find an answer, to no avail.

I decided to simply restore back to 1.1.1, and after I did this, and used the jailbreakme appsnap jailbreak method, the installer again failed to work, still missing summerboard and bsd subsystems and not updating.

Now, I realize this might just be a problem with overloaded installer source servers, but at the same time it seems odd that it can't even refresh the sources, and that some files don't show up. I'll try all this again late tonight, when there will be less people trying to install files, but I don't know if that will work.

I really want my ipod back, so any confirmations of this problem, or help otherwise, would be greatly appreciated!!!

EDIT: It seems it did have something to do with the servers, as I tried after a while and on 1.1.1 the installer worked, and I redid the 1.1.2 jailbreak, and it is now working perfectly. If any mod reads this just close/delete the post

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you problem is that you need to install summerboard first or spring board in order for the other apps to show up
    i freaked out too
    but then i remembered to install summerboard or springboard
    hope this helps
    ps its in the installer
  3. narchitect

narchitect New Member

I used the OktoPrep method on my iPod Touch several times and it didn't work. I don't have the installer icon on my home screen. Someone help?