Jail Breaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kdawg123, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

Jail Breaking has gotten really popular recently and here are opinions on jailbreaking. I know that many of you will disagree with me but I dont believe that jailbreaking is a good practice. Jail Breaking can brick your itouch (turn your itouch completely useless), it can screw up your wi-fi and the worst part is once you jailbreak an itouch and screw it up, the stores wont alow you to return it cause they dont take jailbroken ipods. I highly recommend that beginners on the itouch dont jailbreak because while experts may be able to fix their itouch after it is screwed up, beginners will end up with an bricked itouch. Jailbreaking may get you some free apps, movies, and programs but it has a very high risk. Would you risk your itouch just for a couple of free apps? Play by the rules and I asure you that you wont suffer. This warning is mostly for beginners out there that are just starting on their itouch, if you itouch experts want to continue jailbreaking, its fine with me. For you beginners out there, please dont jailbreak (i learned the hard way). So please leave comments and tell me how you feel!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    *ahem*

Spreading FUD has gotten really popular recently and here are opinions on it. I know that many of you will agree with me but I dont believe that spreading FUD is a good practice. Spreading FUD can ban your account, it can make you look like an idiot and the worst part is once you do it, no-one will take anything you post seriously...
  3. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

Sorry

Well I'm sorry if I offended you or anything, its just that I dont want peopl, expecially beginners to follow the same path I followed
  4. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Very few users seem to encounter errors, so what you're doing is spreading disinformation.
  5. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So many things are wrong with your post. Jailbreaking can not screw up your iPod and beginners don't have problems fixing what you call a "bricked iTouch." There's a reason the restore button is there in iTunes. It is also called an iPod touch, not an iTouch. we don't call the iPod Classic an iClassic nor do we call the iPod nano an iNano. And if you restore, a store can't tell if it has been jailbroken and will have no problem taking it back. Just because you screwed up doesn't mean everyone else will.
    So do some research before you post.
  6. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

Iknow very few users have errors, but I hate seeing posts where people are like crying about how they lost their itouches by jailbreaking. Im not against jailbreaking or anything its just I dont like beginners bricking bricking their itouches cause they know squat about itouches.
  7. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What is an "iTouch?"
  8. Kdawg123

Kdawg123 New Member

Chill

Im sorry but thats what people call "opod touches" where I live so chill.
  9. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's an "opod?"
    Did you read my above post?
    Your thread has no valid point.
  10. Meikura

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's a type of bluetooth keyboard, I think.

@Kdawg123: So what you're basically saying is this:
    There's a tiny chance you could catch a cold by coming into contact with an infected person. Therefore, you'll quarantine yourself inside a completely sterile room so in order to not become infected. And as such, EVERYONE should do it.

I mean, it'll stop you and everyone from becoming ill... right?